Thread: FWB Sport Mk3

FWB Sport Mk3

I haven's seen that many of these over the years and one of the few that I did see I managed to get my mucky paws on

Anyhooo. I've spotted one for sale over the net but it seems to have a different muzzle weight to the one that I have on mine. I have read numerous times of the so called "Dan dare" muzzle weight- which I am guessing tends to be flared out or be trumpet shaped on its end? However mine seems to be parallel sided with deep machined grooves around it. And before anyone posts back the answer is yes I am still talking about muzzle weights

What does yours look like (and yes- again, I am still talking about Sport Mk3 muzzle weights lol)

Dave

The few Mk 3s I have seen had the ribbed (for extra pleasure ) muzzle weight you describe and also the stock with, what I can only describe as slab sided pistol grip. I did hear a rumour that it was designed for FWB by Herman Weihrauch.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Dave, the Mk3 I have pictured in my gallery has a parallel sided muzzle weight, not exactly like the Dan Dare one, as you suggest (see last pic).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Dave, the Mk3 I have pictured in my gallery has a parallel sided muzzle weight, not exactly like the Dan Dare one, as you suggest (see last pic).
    Love it!

(and the 9th photo down http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=34 shows the slab sided pistol grip I tried to describe.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks for the replies chaps. The muzzle weight shown here is exactly like mine. Stock same as well. I have to say the weight is not the prettiest thing I've seen. The other type I have seen is that currently on freeads (hope I haven't broken any rules mentioning the site). Its just that the muzzle weight on that gun is different from that on my own n the one above.
    I wonder how many mk3s were sold?
    Dave