Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bipod

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    I have had 2 clone bipods nd I will not buy another. First Deben I bought lost the pads after the first week, these were then held in place with duct tape. The damned thing felt so flimsy you were worried that the legs would snap off, then the pins that went into the QD stud fell out, then it let one of the springs go as I was deploying the legs, luckily it smashed into my knuckles and did not mark the walnut stock. It went flying into a deep ditch.

Move onto several years of worry free Harris ownership. Decided to try another Deben after all the positive comments on here. Bought it, not a cheap one, virtually the same price as a fixed Harris 9-13 (this one had a tilting head), after a week of use the pads started to move and the walnut stock was getting slightly marked, so it went in the recycle bin. Not bothering with another clone, Harris only for me. I do not knock Deben stuff for the sake of knocking it, I am an avid Hawke scope user, but really teyh bipods in my experience have been a load of organically sourced field fertiliser!

Michael Tawn sells the fixed 9-13s at £59.99 and the swivel/tilt at £79.99!

Suppose it comes down to how much do you love your gun....
    My three clones are all the same bipod almost identical ( one is 9x13 ) but I bought them under different brand names. This is the norm in China. One factory makes the stuff and packages them under different brands. Should have known better having had dealings with the divine and illustrious Chinese in the past. They are cheap for a reason. I forget to mention that I had to send two of them back, in one the retaining stud pin was so thick that it was unusable. The other one had to be sent back twice as it was supposed to have been a swivel type except that it wouldn't swivel, in fairness the guy refunded the money without quibble and very quickly. As for the Harris being over priced I do agree. About time some common sense in pricing prevailed. We don't want the cheap Chinese junk nor the over priced home grown variety.

Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Wow a whole year

If you still have it, working, in 10 years then I'll accept it as good quality
    One year on a cartridge firearm = 10 years on a recoiless PCP or weak recoil springer..

haha if they lasts 10 years on a .22lr ill be buying a huge amount of them put my name to them and sell for double haha

For £20 if they last us 3 years ill be more then happy..
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 26-11-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Second hand Harris
    hoplophobe