Thread: Arms fair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arms fair

Did anyone go to the Birmingham fair today and find any gems? It was rammed first thing, could hardly move.

Not me, but would like to know what was on offer

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Not me, but would like to know what was on offer
    Me too?, however I am sure the best stuff will be at Bisley in only 5 more weeks

Brum was a great opportunity to have a brief chat with old and new friends as well as see some interesting airguns for sale. I saw an etched Webley Mk1 pistol in very nice condition that was boxed as well as a Stoeger marked Junior, also boxed. I suspect the asking prices reflected their rarity and did not enquire as I already own examples of both models. There was also a non cam back Greener on the same stall, which I thought was reasonably priced at £495. I saw a few pre war BSAs and post war Airsporters but nothing to tempt me. A smoothbore Webley Mk 3 would have done but someone had refinished it to gloss black and I would not have paid anywhere near the £350 asking price In the end, I came away with a couple of boxes of pellets but no guns, which has pleased Josie no end.

Roll on Bisley.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

brum show.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Brum was a great opportunity to have a brief chat with old and new friends as well as see some interesting airguns for sale. I saw an etched Webley Mk1 pistol in very nice condition that was boxed as well as a Stoeger marked Junior, also boxed. I suspect the asking prices reflected their rarity and did not enquire as I already own examples of both models. There was also a non cam back Greener on the same stall, which I thought was reasonably priced at £495. I saw a few pre war BSAs and post war Airsporters but nothing to tempt me. A smoothbore Webley Mk 3 would have done but someone had refinished it to gloss black and I would not have paid anywhere near the £350 asking price In the end, I came away with a couple of boxes of pellets but no guns, which has pleased Josie no end.

Roll on Bisley.

John
    Skinflint. Roly.

Arms fair.

Talking too some of the dealers their seemed to be a lot of looking and not a lot of buying, thats how it goes some times .I managed to sell a
    good selection of my pellet tins etc so am in a small profit.

I went, was the first through the door at 0845, they have gone from stickers to wrist bands that slowed things down getting in!! was nothing major of note, Tim dyson had a couple of Webley mk1 rifles one reblued and one not, KB had some nice stuff as always and took more of my money!! sharpie didn't have that much if anything vintage other than mentioned that was about it........ still massive queue when I cam out at 1005 though!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I went, was the first through the door at 0845, they have gone from stickers to wrist bands that slowed things down getting in!! was nothing major of note, Tim dyson had a couple of Webley mk1 rifles one reblued and one not, KB had some nice stuff as always and took more of my money!! sharpie didn't have that much if anything vintage other than mentioned that was about it........ still massive queue when I cam out at 1005 though!!!!
    When you say "Sharpie" do you mean Mike, he's the only seller I'm familiar with.
    There was a table with what looked like re blued BSA break actions, Webley pistols loose and boxed also many Webley service lined up, never seen so many together. Even rough they seem to be the other side of £500 now! Should have got one 25 years ago when I was shocked at £100

I picked up what at first appeared to be a red rusty post war Webley Mk1 slant grip from up the posh corner by Henry Krank, It looked all unloved in with the flint and percussion stuff. £75 got it, straight down the shed cleaned up like new. No mangled screws totally untouched.

Didn't want one but to good to pass up on. Tim Dyson seems very dear, and a lot of his stuff was refinished.
    Ormicron