Thread: Price for second hand FWB 34?

Price for second hand FWB 34?

I'm not in the market for one at the moment, but might be in the near future.

How about one with the odd sign of wear but in very good overall condition, and fully functional, though with the FWB grip and two cylinders out of date? All boxed with tools etc.?

Would £350 be about right, a bargain, or overpriced?

I really have no idea what sort of prices older pcps go for.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I thought you would have learnt from the Diana 66.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

But if I had the money I'd buy another gun every day.

Whether I needed it or not.

Which of course is a silly thing to say, because who doesn't need a new gun every day?
    Arthur

I got myself a P34 short with a Rink grip and two out of date cylinders for £350 recently.

It's great! But I am a bit of a Feinwerkbau fan...

Just wish I could spend more time shooting it!

Cheers, Mark.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Thanks Mark.

So the price would seem about right then.
    Arthur

£350 is a fair (actually good) price for a nice condition P34, Id certainly stick one in my cabinet for that sort of money...I can't coz the cabinet is full, as is the other one too . Mmmm might need another cabinet, the wife thinks they're full of tools for doing the house with
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

It might be a better idea to wait until you are in the market to buy anything before starting yet another new thread about it.

The price is obviously very good and really needs no discussion as common sense makes it blindingly obvious that this is the case - especially to a very experienced BBS "contributor" like yourself with over 8500 comments on here - but you do stand the chance of loosing this potential deal by bringing to to everyones attention.

The seller may also reconsider the price if he/she should read this because used Feinwerkbau P34 normally sell for a lot more - again a little private research on your part would reveal this and help you to keep your powder dry for when (or if) you are ever in the market to buy a used P34.

Mums the word! A well used slogan and a piece of good advice made popular in WW2 but still very relevant today
    Last edited by zooma; 07-12-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I take your point Bob, but this is a discussion forum, and a means of getting an idea of the market and learning about an area I don't have much experience of, despite my number of posts.

This is new territory for me.

You're also right about my alerting others to good deals when I ought to keep schtum. I will refrain from doing that in future.

I regularly use the forum search and google search too, but it's often difficult to get the answer to specific questions.

However, even without the smileys, it is becoming obvious that my posts on here are angering some, so I'll desist, and confine my enquiries to other forums.

I didn't realise it was necessary to be in the market for buying a gun in order to ask a question about it.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 07-12-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    Arthur

I hope you are still able to buy the P34 that you are interested in before somebody else grabs it.

It is being offered at a very good price and it should be easy enough to sell it again with no loss in the future when you fancy a change or need to sell it again.

I didn't realise it was necessary to be in the market for buying a gun in order to ask a question about it.
    Nah! You just dont have to whinge about it (like the Original 66 ) if someone else snaps it up. They are like vultures on here I tell you - vultures. But very knowledgeable vultures. If you buy the FWB34, service it, look after it Im sure Bob (ZOOMA) will give you a small percentage of what you paid for it when you come to sell it in a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Nah! You just dont have to whinge about it (like the Original 66 ) if someone else snaps it up. They are like vultures on here I tell you - vultures. But very knowledgeable vultures. If you buy the FWB34, service it, look after it Im sure Bob (ZOOMA) will give you a small percentage of what you paid for it when you come to sell it in a few weeks time.
    Oy - don't try to commit me to a future purchase - I need all of my pennies in case a Walther LP300XT Carbontec comes up for sale somewhere

How many of these are you holding captive in your gun-room/armory/stash eh?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Oy - don't try to commit me to a future purchase - I need all of my pennies in case a Walther LP300XT Carbontec comes up for sale somewhere

How many of these are you holding captive in your gun-room/armory/stash eh?
    And pennies would be on offer.

Just added another Walther pistol to my collection today

It's a bit like asking for a valuation and then selling to the first person that PM's ya with with what it's worth and does you a "big favour" by taking it off ya hands at this "fair and honest" valuation just coz your a member of the forum.

Not nice but they're out there just waiting to scavange on some poor souls lack of knowladge, never happened to me but I've seen it done and consequently items sold for way less that they're worth only to appear a few weeks later on another site where due to a sudden surge in the market place have gained hugely in their valuation
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    My post after the 66 went was written in fun, Ian.

Hence the smileys.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 07-12-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Arthur

My post after the 66 went was written in fun, Ian.

Hence the smileys.
    I know. Hence mine.