Thread: There's a turn up...

There's a turn up...

My latest aquisition turned up yesterday, a Mk6 Meteor with a very dark stock, & Klever gunslip, decent scope. Came in under 24 hours, well done PF.
    My wife examined my latest purchase.
    'They all look the same to me - but the wooden bit looks nice. Love the bag it came with'
    Then the question I've been dreading since I took up the hobby again & been frequenting agbbs.

'How many guns have you got now?'

I haven't felt as 'caught out' since my bro in law asked me if the Kawa Ninja did 170+. as the mags said She was somehow under the impression it had the same performance as my previous bike...

Now, I'm not in the same league as many people here, but I honestly could not remember the number offhand, & admitted it.

'Well' came the reply, 'Why don't you turn that big built in cupboard off the box room into somewhere you can store them all?'

RESULT!

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Don't get feeling too chuffed, iv'e an idea she's buttering you up for somthing !

....and Christmas IS just around the corner!

Now you've got me worried...

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

So how many have you got? maybe then you could put her mind at rest that you've got far less than a lot on here! I get asked the same question regularly, but never reply!

Remember if there all in one cupboard she can easily count them.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bear-uk View Post
    Remember if there all in one cupboard she can easily count them.
    That was my thoughts... best put a false wall in the back so it only looks like half as many

Spreading them around is definitely better IMHO - gunsafe, loft, garage, makes it hard to anyone to keep track
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yep; sure does get embarrassing sometimes! I just had a let off! My latest acquisition arrived today and as I was fitting a scope, SWMBO asked if this was a new rifle!

"No"; said I honestly (it has been pre-owned but I didn't declare that bit!); "I am just fitting scopes".

Now I suppose I have really exposed my sins and can esily be blackmailed!

I have employed the spread them around a bit though!

We have this difference of emphasis; I like airguns, she likes diamonds and they are worth more than my airguns! The argument winner of course (for her!) is that diamonds don't take up as much space! Feminine logic!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

aimless Guest

Talking mens reputation can be count by e.g. rifles or bikes...

womens by shoes, bags, cosmetics or...... (?) ......

so go and evaluate HER reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    That was my thoughts... best put a false wall in the back so it only looks like half as many

Spreading them around is definitely better IMHO - gunsafe, loft, garage, makes it hard to anyone to keep track
    You are right there Jon, worst thing I ever did was make a gun rack!!

When off-road racing dominated the lives of my family my wife said 'I don't know what that cost and I don't want to'. 'That makes two of us, then!'

'I've had it for ages' has become a family saying, often morphing into 'I expect you've had that for ages' when something is obviously brand new, possibly even still in the bag.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

This is only a short step from a rotating fireplace - definitely not advisable if you live in a semi!

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

How many!

Revolving fireplace..hmm?
    When the 'old wardrobe' is suggested, but you know it's already brimming with metal and wood...sshhh!
    here are probably my top ten explainations:-

1. I've had that one/those ages. (already used above)
    2. My mate GAVE me that one.
    3. I'm working on that one for my mate.
    4. I'm storing those (for my mate)
    5. I'm selling that one soon (for my mate)
    6. I've got to zero that one (for my mate)
    7. Where would you like to go on holiday this year dear? (quick diversion)
    8. That one is for your Dad, (he might have a rat in his garden)
    9. I've put the lock on the wardrobe to keep the moths out!
    10. Oops, forgot to put those away dear, leave it with me.

Advise- buy as many green gun slips as you can and line that wardrobe in GREEN (just incase the key falls into the wrong hands!
    Finding all my clothes crammed into a small wardrobe, the large wardrobe is tipping the house up!
    My mate's got a lot to answer for! BLESS HIM!

Wanted:- Second hand wardrobe.........must be green inside!!!

Some nice replies from you guys...

Must admit, my wife usually says 'They all look the same to me'. Hence my liking for Webley pistols/rifles in both 177 & 22, as well as the BSA's in 22 & Weihrauch HW35 rifles in both.

I've got an old Defender in the barn, I'm saving up for a new chassis for it, In the meantime it makes a good stealth gunsafe.