Thread: Theoben Evo Inertia Weight

Theoben Evo Inertia Weight

I've had a .177 Evo for a few months now but have not got it yet quite how I'd like it, so earlier in the week I stripped the ram. I'd dismantled the rifle previously to fit a new piston seal however that time I left the ram intact. I was quite surprised to find no inertia weight so would welcome opinions on whether running without the weight is a viable mod or someone just hasn't put it back together properly.
    I was even more surprised to find what appears to be a poorly fitting top hat inside the ram
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Dave.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    inertia weight not critical, but see if you gun is bouncing (preference for light pellets)
    TOP hat = weird - maybe it was converted to spring for a while and the inertia weight lost then ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks Jon, I may run it without then. I need to contact Impact for a few bits and bobs so will enquire how much a new one is when I call.
    Just so I'm clear I presume lighter pellets are preferable as they'll be on their way quicker so less likely to generate bounce?
    Regards,
    Dave.