Thread: Pellet Snap Again!

secretagentmole Guest

Pellet Snap Again!

Daystate .177H and JSB Exact Heavy, these are made from the same dies, the JSB however has a slightly heavier alloy at approx 0.1 grain heavier! The JSB is slightly cheaper than the Daystate .177H!

Are they the same die number?

Not sure why this is surprising to you? - they're both made by JSB, despite what a reseller might tell you I suspect that all they do is slap a different label on the tin.

I've spoken to resellers in the past who will swear blind to you that they have their 'own' dies exclusive to them. Perhaps I'm just an old cynic but I don't believe that.

p.s. I'm not surprised the Daystate is more expensive than the JSB - there's an extra middleman in the chain

secretagentmole Guest
    Do not know about the die number, but the weights are different, so a different alloy must be used, either that or the JSB pellets are made using worn dies which are bigger!

Every pellet of one make is 0.1 heavier than the other make?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Do not know about the die number, but the weights are different, so a different alloy must be used, either that or the JSB pellets are made using worn dies which are bigger!
    Should be a label on the bottom with the details so a buyer can match batches.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Ah I thought you said they're made from the same dies in your original post. It's quite likely a different mix of alloy is used between batches, or it's quite possible that in different dies there's slightly more lead in the head or very slightly thicker skirts etc. 0.1 grain isn't a lot, you wouldn't notice the difference by a visual inspection.

I use both these pellets jsb 10.34 and daystate H

I heard they are made in the same factory using the same dies...

But the daystates dont make the grading and sold under a different label...

I find the jsbs are great to about 65m if pellets are sorted ,washed lubed with the odd serious flyer...
    And the daystates great to 50m if washed and lubed with hardly any moving out of an 1.5" group

They also have different points of impact (poi) and different ballistic coeffients (bc) and different feet per second (fps) (only by average of 6 fps)

This was all done with my daystate regal xl shooting daystates at 721 fps average and jsbs at 715 average

End of it is... I like both pellets and use both and have full confidence in my shots with them...
    Recommened a try if nothing else...

Oh... daystates are harder to get hold of then jsbs
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...