Thread: New rifle : Moisin Nagant Rifle CO2 by Gletcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    must be like marmite... you either love it or hate it.
    I just don't get it myself.

I think my problem with the whole concept is that these aren't 'real'. They mascarade as something instead...
    The whole joy of an air rifle (and most other 'guns') is that they are 'fit for purpose' - ie designed and true to the their specified function.

These are just toys
    It is a bit irresponsible to call them toys, they are more models of the original. If it shot foam darts or something then yes, it's a toy but to many, a 12FPE air rifle will seem toy like.

While this particular rifle is not my cup of tea (I love Mosins, I couldn't live with the awful imitation wood though) I bet it is a great laugh to shoot.

I suppose it comes down to what you enjoy, I enjoy all kinds of shooting. I am as happy shooting cloverleafs at 50 yards with my FTP900 as I am missing tin cans at 10 yards with a Umarex PPK, I can appreciate both ends of the spectrum but I don't consider any of them to be toys.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

If it shot pellets, through a rifled barrel, then sign me up.

As it is, I would pass, even as good looking as it is.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I'd love one of tbese Mosins, but £300 is a big chunk of money for a bb gun.
    I wonder what they'll retail for in the rest of Europe.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

They are $279 from Pyramidair in the States- about £180. So I'd expect them to be £200+ on the Continent. Which is still a fair slice of wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They are $279 from Pyramidair in the States- about £180. So I'd expect them to be £200+ on the Continent. Which is still a fair slice of wedge.
    Yep, far too much for what it is.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich