Thread: Bsa ultra filling problem

Bsa ultra filling problem

Hi hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I was filling my Ultra today and i got it up to 230 bar, shut the main valve off opened the bleed valve on the bottle and it just emptied the gun of air. I tried with the gun cocked and un-cocked but it still leaked out. i tried removing the fill probe after most of the air was gone and the remaining air leaked out of the fill valve. does anyone have any experience of this happening and if so was it an easyish fix or did you have to send it for repair? the gun is second hand so out of warranty.

thanks

Sounds like the filler valve has got some dirt stuck in it, preventing it from closing.

You will need to get the gun serviced, or if you have the tools, remove the filler vale and clean it out yourself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0mi85-t_BM
    Here you go, check this out....
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Before you strip the gun down, connect your air bottle to the gun & start to fill it by giving it a quick, short sharp blast, it might dislodge any crap that is stuck on the fill valve face.
    If you are filling with a pump, forget what I have just said!

Thanks for the replys I took the fill valve out and there was a small piece of washer off of the fill probe stuck in there. After putting it back together I can fill to about 100 bar but then it starts leaking out, I guess this could be because of the knick out of the fill probe washer so I'll get a replacement and hopefully that will sort it out...

Quote Originally Posted by arran256 View Post
    Thanks for the replys I took the fill valve out and there was a small piece of washer off of the fill probe stuck in there. After putting it back together I can fill to about 100 bar but then it starts leaking out, I guess this could be because of the knick out of the fill probe washer so I'll get a replacement and hopefully that will sort it out...
    The knick can happen if you don't have the probe fully pushed in when filling.

.... I guess this could be because of the knick out of the fill probe washer so I'll get a replacement and hopefully that will sort it out...
    I've got loads of fill probe 'o' rings mate.
    PM me your name & address and I'll pop a couple in the post to you foc.
    bhodge.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by bhodge View Post
    I've got loads of fill probe 'o' rings mate.
    PM me your name & address and I'll pop a couple in the post to you foc.
    bhodge.
    Top Bloke

Hi hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I was filling my Ultra today and i got it up to 230 bar, shut the main valve off opened the bleed valve on the bottle and it just emptied the gun of air. I tried with the gun cocked and un-cocked but it still leaked out. i tried removing the fill probe after most of the air was gone and the remaining air leaked out of the fill valve. does anyone have any experience of this happening and if so was it an easyish fix or did you have to send it for repair? the gun is second hand so out of warranty.

thanks
    230 bar sounds high to me. I only fill mine to 200bar in .177 and get 35 shots.

I think 230 bar is the recommended pressure if its regulated !