Thread: Falcon FN12-WR vs FN12-WH

Question Falcon FN12-WR vs FN12-WH

Hi Guys...

Can anybody tell me the difference between these two, the WR versus the WH...

I've looked on the Falcon website and they're both skeleton-stock 12" Lighthunters and the limited descriptions are the same except the WH is 0.08lb lighter for some reason (probably weighed it with an empty mag).

http://www.falcon-airguns.co.uk/page..._multishot.htm

ATB
    Toby
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

Smile

Received an email on the subject and all is now clear.

"WR - Raptor" vs "WH - Hawk", different cocking mechanisms pros and cons etc.

Thanks Jack...
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

Arrow

The advantage with the Hawk is that because the pellet load and the hammer spring are set by two separate mechanisms, you can de-cock the rifle whilst safely leaving a pellet 'up the spout'. Whilst hunting you can see at a glance-and feel if in darkness- whether the rifle is cocked or not. Against that two separate actions are needed against one with the Raptor.

Wafflesrock05 Guest
    I have just got my FN19 Hawk.

Its a simular to a hornet loading, you can load a pellet in etc with out actully cocking the rifle. Great!!

But it can be a bit clunky!

Does anyone have any experience of the FN-12 Raptor ???

From what Jack told me the cocking mechanism design can lead to accidental discharges if the bolt is flicked up whilst in the back or rearward position.

Sounds a bit scary to me...

Wafflesrock05 Guest
    alk to JC om here