Thread: recoiling air rifle scope recommendations

recoiling air rifle scope recommendations

hi can anyone recommended me a scope and reticle for my recoiling air rifle for hft and hunting looking to spend 150 to 200 ponds half mill dot would appreciate help so not to by twice thanks.
    Y

I think this thread will get moved as you have put it in the REVIEWS ONLY but anyway.

For that money I would be looking at second hand to get the best glass that you can. I think I have tried or own most scopes for HFT and hunting. Dont go above 42mm front end so that you get as much depth of field as possible.

Needing a 1/2 mil ret will limit you a bit, therefore I would look to a Hawke panorama 3x9x40 or 4x12x40 AO or 10x42 sidewinder.
    I like Burris glass but the best ret would be a ballistic ret which will give you something like 0.6 md hash, a 1.2 md hash and a 2 md marker. Ideal for HFT and you can bracket with them.
    I like 1/2 md rets for HFT but it eliminates some nice mill dot glass such as Bushnells and EB snipers Clearidge 3x9x32.

I now use a Burris fullfield 3x9x40 for hunting, and Sightron 10x42 (1/2 MD) and Leopold Mk4 (TMR ret)for HFT. Your eyes might be different though.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by bad shot bob View Post
    hi can anyone recommended me a scope and reticle for my recoiling air rifle for hft and hunting looking to spend 150 to 200 ponds half mill dot would appreciate help so not to by twice thanks.
    Y
    As I understand it in HFT you are not allowed to touch the scope once shooting therefore I would add the MTC Genesis 3x9x40 UL to the list in the previous post. The clarity of the optics, light weight and a superb reticule plus the fact that you can very easily set the Parallax with the front cell are all in its favour.

A.G

Second hand Viper 10x44. Scopes above. Second hand Falcon.

Your best bet is get to a club and have a look through some scopes

My Hawke Panorama 3-9x40 IR (was one option above) which I bought for my Remy AR1 wildly loses zero on both spring rifles (Remy and Walther) I have. Can't get below 2" groups at 25yds. I know it's not me or the rifle as when I put my free (came with the Century) Walther scope I get 15mm groups with the same rifle. I have just purchased a BKL one piece mount in a bid to try and help it but expect to be buying a nikko sterling or richter optik £50 - £60 quid special. I'll know tomorrow once I get back from the indoor range. I find its pot luck with scopes either get a good one or a bad one and no-one ever agrees - but the proof is in the groups for me not personal preference.

Away from springers - I put the said Hawke on my S410 and scored 12-15mm groups against my AGS Saphire 6-24x50SFIR (same price as Hawke) which gives consistant 9mm groups (both 10 shot groups at 25yds indoor). Shame really as I like the Hawke - but once I get the box back from my mate its going on - unless the BKL sorts it out!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Bushnell may be a good place to look as they used to state a fair number of scopes from their range were "Spring Gun Rated" ?
    Really nice glass as well, particularly the Elites.
    “An airgun or two”………

Either second hand EB Sniper or Falcon would be my choice for that cash. Both good glass and a strong robust scope. I know the EB isn't half MD but well worth a look at.

Regards,

Mikey

Falcon menace 4-14 x 44 FFP scope nice scope good solid build great ret but little bit on heavy side l love ffp scopes as your aim points stay the same what ever mag you shoot on

Dave