Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight rifle for HFT - FX Wildcat perhaps?

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Think very carefully before committing yourself to an unregulated rifle for HFT. AA guns are accurate but have a very pronounced power curve. This does make your POI almost unpredictable unless you wish to only use the 40 odd shots around the sweet spot.

A.G
    Which is hardly a problem on a 30 shot course, even with stoppages.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    What are bullpups like for shooting prone of the peg?
    I’ve tried four bullpups so far and all were fine for shooting off the peg. The Bobcat and Pulsar felt about the same weight as my current set-ups and the Evanix felt a lot heavier, although I didn’t have a chance to actually weigh any of them. Since the main point is to reduce the weight, that more or less rules them out. Although I must say, I loved the feel of the Bobcat and it was really stable shooting standing with crossed arms, so I might be tempted to have another look at it. The Wildcat was very light and might be the gun for me, but I only had a couple of shots and I’d need to try it some more before going on the waiting list.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I’m pretty sure the answer for me is some sort of bullpup-ish gun, but I think I’ll wait a bit before I jump – unless anybody out there has got a nice cheap Bobcat Mk11 they want to sell

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    I’ve tried four bullpups so far and all were fine for shooting off the peg. The Bobcat and Pulsar felt about the same weight as my current set-ups and the Evanix felt a lot heavier, although I didn’t have a chance to actually weigh any of them. Since the main point is to reduce the weight, that more or less rules them out. Although I must say, I loved the feel of the Bobcat and it was really stable shooting standing with crossed arms, so I might be tempted to have another look at it. The Wildcat was very light and might be the gun for me, but I only had a couple of shots and I’d need to try it some more before going on the waiting list.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I’m pretty sure the answer for me is some sort of bullpup-ish gun, but I think I’ll wait a bit before I jump – unless anybody out there has got a nice cheap Bobcat Mk11 they want to sell

Alan
    Wildcat 2.8 kg, Vulcan 2.9 kg, Cricket compact 2.6 kg. In FT the rear loading of the cricket shouldn't be a problem.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Think very carefully before committing yourself to an unregulated rifle for HFT. AA guns are accurate but have a very pronounced power curve. This does make your POI almost unpredictable unless you wish to only use the 40 odd shots around the sweet spot.

A.G
    ......Which is exactly what you should do with a knock open valve rifle.
    Cant say I had issues with my 400 std or GML or indeed the S200 although the triggers are generally crap.....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

BAR are starting to do DIY Bullpup conversion kits for various models including the HW100. Around £300 I believe and the quality looked fine.

One of their recent videos on YouTube shows them.

I wondered about the CS stock and that looks really good. Any idea what the weight actually is?

Btw, I've already got the A&M cylinder - it makes quite a difference.

Alan
    Sorry, no idea. The fit is lovely - I just pick it up and feel locked in place. The results say otherwise but that's not the gun's fault.....

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    I must say, I loved the feel of the Bobcat and it was really stable shooting standing with crossed arms, so I might be tempted to have another look at it. The Wildcat was very light and might be the gun for me, but I only had a couple of shots and I’d need to try it some more before going on the waiting list.

Alan
    Hi, the Bobcat is noticably heavier and chunkier than the Wildcat, so if you can do Crossed Arm Standing Offhand with it, you will find it even easier with the WC.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way of single pellet feeding it at the moment, unless you are allowed to blank-off 7 slots in the 8 shot mag.

PS, A&M cylinder knocked 300g off my HW100TK, but I still find the WC much easier (knackered L shoulder).

PPS Riku's suggestions are good and I've just remembered, Edgun Matador is single shot.
    Last edited by clunge; 02-12-2015 at 09:19 AM.

daystate have just brought out the new Brocock very light compact full size gun but now with daystate engineering. definatley worth a look if you want a light gun. guy from daystate had one up our club last week taking promotional photos for airgun mag article