Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: banning lead amunition have your say from the NSRA

banning lead amunition have your say from the NSRA

I have just received this from Hampshire
    Possible Banning of lead in Ammunition. A joint press release from WESA and AFEMS (see
    attachment) was made available. A few moments poking around on the Internet will show that what
    was meant to be an objective analysis of potential dangers to health caused by the use of lead in
    ammunition has been hijacked by certain pressure groups (this is my opinion, not NSRA’s) in order to
    progress their ambitions to suppress both the shooting of game and shooting sports in general. A
    decision made by less than knowledgeable politicians could have a massive impact on all forms of
    shooting. This is why it is important to add your name to the petition being raised in the UK (see
    NSR, NRA, etc. websites) to oppose any such measure, see
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/112165 . Note that any ban will likely apply to all
    ammunition, small-bore , air weapons, muzzle-loading, shot shells. I strongly suggest you take a few
    minutes to get familiar with this debate.
    Notes assembled by:
    Colin Gadsden
    Hampshire Representative to the NSRA Shooting Council
    29 November 2015
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Dam no more sucking on lead pellet and bullet heads and shotgun shells for us then, im getting sick of seeing petitions, dont get me wrong i LOVE our hobby, but what with all the so called bans coming out, deacts, semi-auto firearms, licencing airsoft, its all really starting to wind me up now..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Petition signed

as long as you know the passwords you can sign for your wife and kids too... its all in a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
    Possible Banning of lead in Ammunition. A joint press release from WESA and AFEMS (see
    attachment) was made available. A few moments poking around on the Internet will show that what
    was meant to be an objective analysis of potential dangers to health caused by the use of lead in
    ammunition has been hijacked by certain pressure groups (this is my opinion, not NSRA’s) in order to
    progress their ambitions to suppress both the shooting of game and shooting sports in general. A
    decision made by less than knowledgeable politicians could have a massive impact on all forms of
    shooting. This is why it is important to add your name to the petition being raised in the UK (see
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/112165 . Note that any ban will likely apply to all
    ammunition, small-bore , air weapons, muzzle-loading, shot shells. I strongly suggest you take a few
    Notes assembled by:
    Colin Gadsden
    29 November 2015
    This is the 3rd time this petition has been posted, don't get me wrong it's a worthy corse but it just proves that no attention is payed to other threads
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
    Notes assembled by:
    Colin Gadsden
    29 November 2015
    Thank you for taking the trouble of posting the thread. I had already signed this petition. What others should consider is that the number stands at 18000+. This is well short of 100000 that is required to raise a debate in parliament if necessary so please do not take your freedoms for granted, defend them with all the legal means at your disposal.

Regards,

A.G

Well if it needs 100000 to sign it like most the petitions do, we have no chance, like in all the petitions that are floating around at the moment.. Our shooting hobbies are going to take a huge turn forth worse and there naff all we can do about it apart from go with the flow, as for the petitions they are not widely know to get enough people to sign them..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I've signed

ATB John.

18,000 signatures. Is that all? With all the shotguns and airguns in circulation that's disappointing.

This may be the third thread on this subject but at least people are taking time to highlight the issue. The last may well be several pages behind this one and probably titled differently anyway.

Not sure a petition is going to do a lot of good in any case. The petition I signed before this one raised over 100,000 signatures and resulted in a debate late in the day with hardly any MPs in attendance. It achieved absolutely nothing, other than a lot of hot air.

We need to do more than sign something online.

A chat with a local MP or a letter to them highlighting our case would be a lot more beneficial. Particularly if several constituents take the trouble to do this in your vicinity.

What about a letter to your local paper highlighting the good shooting clubs do?

Has your club held a charity event and if so, was it reported in the local press? A few lines on what the event involved, a list of winners and the amount raised will suffice.

This raises our profile and demonstrates that shooters are not ogres. Well, not all of us anyway.

John

I'm 18,690

A long way to go....

All done,
    I'm fed up of the government pi**ing about with shooting activities just bother someone else 😤
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I have just signed, it took about 30 seconds, number 18,752, it was quicker than moaning about it (although I agree with the points made), I think it easier just to sign the thing. I can only just about shoot straight with lead pellets and a springer the mind boggles what it would be like with anything else.

Steve
    Walther LGV, HW97k, HW95k, FWB Sport 124 & HW 45 all in .177

Lead ban

I have signed, and sent link to club,
    FX Wildcat walther CP88, Webley Hurricane, Benjamin Franklin 312, original 50, Daystate Air Wolf MTC, Brock Enigma, BSA R 10, + more committee Member & Groundsman, Worsley Air-Gunners BASC MEMBER

I'm 18992.
    What are you waiting for ?