Thread: Ruger Old Army nipples

Ruger Old Army nipples

are on the agenda again. I'll be putting in an order from my stateside supplier soon.

PM me to show interest.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    are on the agenda again. I'll be putting in an order from my stateside supplier soon.

PM me to show interest.

tac
    Have you tried Vaseline !!!😂
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Quote Originally Posted by longman View Post
    Have you tried Vaseline !!!😂
    V. droll.

tac

Don't suppose you bring any other parts back from the good 'ol US of A tac :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Livefast123 View Post
    Don't suppose you bring any other parts back from the good 'ol US of A tac :-)
    There are NO other parts for the ROA.

tac

Looking buying again a S/H ROA so will be interested in a set. Viewed a blued one would prefer stainless is there a problem cleaning the stainless ROA in comparison with the blued. I did have a Pedersoli Remington, never had a problem cleaning. Can you date serial number 145-91116. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac42 View Post
    Looking buying again a S/H ROA so will be interested in a set. Viewed a blued one would prefer stainless is there a problem cleaning the stainless ROA in comparison with the blued. I did have a Pedersoli Remington, never had a problem cleaning. Can you date serial number 145-91116. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
    1. Cleanup with any stainless steel firearm is a morceau de gateau, else 75% of all ROA and almost 90% of ALL of Ruger's handguns would not be made of the stuff. Just use the easy to locate Kleneeze 'miracle cloth'. It's sort of yellow, comes in a resealable pack and will clean up any stainless steel gun like new, especially the crud around the chamber mouth. No smell either. Birchwood-Casey make one for about £7 here in yUK, but the Kleneeze version is twice the size and half the price.

And no, I'm not a Kleneeze agent. Just one thing - keep it WELL away from bluing - which it quickly removes like quickly removing stuff.

2. 1999.

tac

Box for black powder

A few months ago a forum member was selling BP compartmented boxes. I am looking for a three compartment type as I only ever keep a single bottle. any help appreciated.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

A few months ago a forum member was selling BP compartmented boxes. I am looking for a three compartment type as I only ever keep a single bottle. any help appreciated.
    You'll need to start a new thread with your request - I'm doing ROA nipples. I can't help you with boxes of any kind.

tac

I have now started a new thread. Please excuse me !!! I had a very large brain fart and should not have posted on your thread, I was not thinking. Getting back to nipples I am definitely up for a set.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

I have now started a new thread. Please excuse me !!! I had a very large brain fart and should not have posted on your thread, I was not thinking. Getting back to nipples I am definitely up for a set.
    No problem, the number grows!

Best

tac