Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Has EVERYBODY on here actually SIGNED THIS? No? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Many thanks, However I must point out that;

1/. I don't "play" with firearms, they are tools that I use for their given purpose of shooting things.

2/. I had in fact sent my own nuanced reply to the EU commission long before this thread kicked off.

nice reply from UKIP.
    What was your response and why did you not bring this up earlier in this thread. Just a point, saves protracted discussions

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

I put it to my MEP Damien Green and Farage.

I have already had a reply feom Damien Green and to be honest from his reply the directive is as good as signed and sealed!

In typical politician style he avoided my question

"If guns had been totally banned accross Europe prior to the Paris attacks (even toys) would the attacks have taken place?"

Hang on.

Sorry, have I understood correctly? Damian Green MP replied to you by asking if all guns including toys had been illegal in Europe would the Paris attacks using guns that are already illegal in Europe have taken place?

I other words "if we had banned item A, would it have stopped people using completely different item B to kill people". My 8 year old could answer that, Damian.

I despair. From the whole country, can we honestly not find 650 people more intelligent than this lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

I despair. From the whole country, can we honestly not find 650 people more intelligent than this lot?
    It gets worse, 751 MEPs. See my response previous from UKIP Stewart Andrew MEP on why they won't vote on EU legislation and directives that are put forward by non elected MEPs but why trying to stop this directive being acted upon will be difficult-basically it's the taxes of the working folk and hence EU that pay their salaries, makes it hard to say no to the masses.

UKIP seem to understand the issue.

It's why I will now vote UKIP from now on (even if we have 75 UK based MEPs who could potentially be pro Brexit-1/10th of the vote), I have had enough of this mess we call Europe which if anything has made it easier for these attacks to happen.
    Honestly would consider the US, spend enough time there and feel safer than when in Europe (4 days a week on average)......

No, what I said was I asked him that question..

Was making the point that no matter what guns we ban, it would not have stopped the Paris attacks.

He just replied somewhere along the lines of they'll be helping to pursue the EU legislation. The way he summed up it sounded like it was as good as done anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    No, what I said was I asked him that question..

Was making the point that no matter what guns we ban, it would not have stopped the Paris attacks.

He just replied somewhere along the lines of they'll be helping to pursue the EU legislation. The way he summed up it sounded like it was as good as done anyway.
    Oh, right, got you. Thanks

Doesn't mean he's still not probably an idiot, mind

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    What was your response and why did you not bring this up earlier in this thread. Just a point, saves protracted discussions
    My reply, on here, was to the question in the OP ( No,why not ?) and was making the point that some people might think at least some of it is quite reasonable & so choose not to sign, Equally I could have just replied that it was no-ones business why people didn't sign if they didn't want to.

My Response to the commission was pretty much as I wrote here earlier, but also pointed out that only law abiding citizens would obey and that it was illegal ex soviet block military weapons being smuggled by East European gangsters that were used by criminals & terrorists, not legally owned civilian hunting rifles & rim fires.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    My reply, on here, was to the question in the OP ( No,why not ?) and was making the point that some people might think at least some of it is quite reasonable & so choose not to sign, Equally I could have just replied that it was no-ones business why people didn't sign if they didn't want to.

My Response to the commission was pretty much as I wrote here earlier, but also pointed out that only law abiding citizens would obey and that it was illegal ex soviet block military weapons being smuggled by East European gangsters that were used by criminals & terrorists, not legally owned civilian hunting rifles & rim fires.
    Maybe the OPs question could have been worded differently but I read it as we should all do something for shooting sports as a whole. I no longer shoot air except for fun and shoot firearms for sport and no more pest control or rough shooting, however my response would have been the same to any form of the sport were it in jeopardy. I would be supportive of it and oppose further legislation especially from the EU who have only added to these security issues and acted 'knee jerk' in manner.
    Thanks for your response anyway.

**WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I signed it, if we wish to keep shooting legally I believe we have to be bothered to sign petitions.

Regards

Steve
    Walther LGV, HW97k, HW95k, FWB Sport 124 & HW 45 all in .177