Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
Come on Bob,

Don't be greedy, If any more come along spread them about! I'd still like just a stock, even a scruffy one, so I can build my ultimate Carbontec LG400 special!

Now you've achieved your Holy Grail, you have the Carbontec and a Goldie, what's next?

You do know Walther will build specials, see on their website and their facebook site, the Meister Manufaktur department.

I love the burr walnut LG400 alutec style rifle, we were there last September and Pam drooled over an LG400 Alutec in Gold with Swarovski Crystals!!! that they were building, yes really!!! We were lucky to get out with only ordering a purple tube with her name on for her KK500!

But Walther have been making specials for years, special air brush paint jobs, in recent years, one each year for a raffle prize for charity at the German Championships, or the German World Cup. One of the most stunning was an Alutec (I think an LG300) airbrushed in the Bavarian Flag design, blue and white lozenges, it was stunning. There were others, and I think the Anniversary Gold one was initially a one off special done for a prize. But my favourite was a blue Carbontec with an LG400 system, simply gorgeous!

Now these went as raffle prizes, so they are out there, and probably will be sold one day.

Must remember to check e gun every week!
Have Fun
Best regards
Robin
I would need to try and save any future Carbontec discoveries from you as they would be stripped and have the stock re-fitted around an LG400 mech - and that would be sacrilege

Lets hope the next one that turns up is a bench-rest type as I know you have no interest in converting one of those (or at least I hope you don't)

Actually a Carbontec stock with an LG400 mech in it would be a lovely piece of kit to own - it is such a shame that it is not possible to buy a stock on its own - but I know the reasons why!

With the advancement of time it would probably be more cost effective for Walther to have carbon stocks made now than it was then as the industry has moved on and with several years more experience the reject rate should be a lot lower - hence more cost effective to produce!

I know you "have the ear" of the top brass at Walther, so why not suggest they re-visit the carbon fibre stock idea for use with the current LG400 mech?

You can place an advance order for two - and let me know when we can collect them!!!! ld grin:

Bob.