Thread: Carbontec LG300XT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Benchrest Variant of the Carbontec.

I have just seen pictures of an even rarer Walther Carbontec - the special Benchrest version!

Until I was shown the Walther Carbontec advertising brochure By Robin C. last night I had no idea they made a specific Benchrest variant of the Carbontec.

After some suggestions from Robin is became apparent that this version could easily be adjusted for use in the freestanding position but of course would still be great to use for its intended purpose as a Benchrest rifle as well.

This does help me insomuch that if I should find a Carbontec Benchrest variant for sale anywhere (at a price I can afford) I now know that it would also be a very usable rifle - and not just a beautiful piece of "eye candy".
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Carbontec

There are some out there so I'm sure you will find one. The tastiest one I ever saw was a special built by Walther sports services department as a one off prize to be raffled at a World cup in 2015, It was a Carbontec with Blue carbon, and all else silver with an LG400 system, hmmmmmmm, drool!!!!
    I know some have been built into FT rifles, but as a precision target enthusiast I consider that as blasphemy!

I have always fancied building a LG400 special using a Carbontec stock and Bob has reawakend that idea, so come on you guys, there must be some out there?

Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 22-02-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?