Thread: Steyr LP2 barrel weight won't grip - am I doing something wrong?

Steyr LP2 barrel weight won't grip - am I doing something wrong?

I've tightened the cap screw and it still slides around.

Is this normal that I'll have to shim it with rubber or something?

Ta.

I71

I cant speak personally about the LP2 weights as I dont have any on mine but on my other pistols I always put a small piece of thin plastic (35mm film negative) between the weights grub screw and pistol to stop the screw marking the metalwork.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have the Steyr barrel weight on my LP2 and it clamps on OK with no shimming at all.

It is a good tight fit and does not move.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

It is not a very efficient system, on mine I had to use quite a bit of force on the grub screw to make it secure.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    It is not a very efficient system, on mine I had to use quite a bit of force on the grub screw to make it secure.
    That is true and your idea of sliding a Morini tube weight on the barrel instead of using the Steyr clamp-on type is a good one that looks rather more elegant as well.

I use a polished Morini weight and looks a lot nicer, you can barely notice it on the barrel unlike the Steyr weight which does look like an after thought stuck on,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hi Bob

I have 2 Morini barrel weights + the LP2 supplied weight on mine all located near the breach.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Hi Bob

I have 2 Morini barrel weights + the LP2 supplied weight on mine all located near the breach.
    That makes one heavy LP2 but you will have balanced it to suite your preference - a bit like the match rifle idea of having a lightweight rifle so you can add the weights where you want them to give the preferred balance point up to the legal weight limit

That makes one heavy LP2 but you will have balanced it to suite your preference - a bit like the match rifle idea of having a lightweight rifle so you can add the weights where you want them to give the preferred balance point up to the legal weight limit
    Yes, it was my original intention to have a light pistol, but found it very difficult to hold steady, pistol now weighs about 1 kg and balance is a lot better, with no increase in arm fatigue.
    Evo 10 Compact.

my LP2 barrel weight moves,the grub screw has stripped,a shoddy design,looking at Gehmann instead