Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Now is the time to treat yourself to a New Year present and enter the new 2016 MPL Postal Competition that runs from 1st January 2016 and ends in June 2016 - and it only costs a tenner to enter!

I will be posting the details for this years new Spring/Summer competition HERE over the next few days.

The new series starts from January 2016 and will run until June 2016 ( the next series will start in July 2016) with the same rules as in all previous MPL postal competitions (see below).

This year we will continue with the .177 MPL air pistol competition (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air pistols) and the .177 MPL air rifle (for all .177 spring powered and Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifles).

The two Gasser series we tried this time last year for CO2 and PCP air pistol and air rifles did not get the sort of support we expected and so we decided not to continue with these two classes for the current Autumn/Winter Competition..but if we get enough support ( more than 6) who want to have either of theses two classes reinstated we will seriously consider it for this new Spring/Summer competition.

AGAIN this season we will offer the Supported Air Pistol series and (like last year) I would recommend that you give this a try. Nobody ( zero - nada - zilch) people bothered to enter BUT we will offer it again and see if we get any "takers" this time around. Like the Gasser series we need 6 or more competitors to make it work so if you do fancy it please let us know, have a chat with your friends and see if you can get enough interest between you to make this interesting new competition get started.

Just to RECAP - in the same way that 6 yard shooting is a lot more difficult than it looks ( a shock to 10 meter shooters who venture into the traditional 6 yard British "national" distance for the first time), Supported Pistol Shooting is most certainly NOT as easy as you might think.

The only difference is that the weight of the pistol is supported - but that is all ! The butt of the pistol grip forms a tangent with a 50mm tube or bar and gives very little extra stability. The process of aligning the sights and trying to perfect the trigger release remains the same and so all of the pistol handling skills remain the same.

Anyone thinking they can just roll-up and hit a 50 every time is in for a huge disappointment.

This competition will be a great leveller between the able bodied and disabled persons, the young and the older competitors, the male and the female and the strong and the weak.

In some ways this could still be the BEST competition ever as it offers an equal opportunity to everyone who enters it....and it is no surprise that Supported Pistol Shooting is THE fastest growing branch of the shooting sport in Germany - and has been for many years.

Time for us Brits to start catching up (we are already another 6 months behind following last seasons lack of entries) - so NOW would be a very good time to make a start and find out what all the fuss has been about
    Last edited by zooma; 30-06-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

How to Enter - and Things You Need to Know

Here is all you need to know!

2016 Spring/Summer MPL POSTAL LEAGUE ENTRY DETAILS.

The postal charges will remain the same as they were for the previous seasons.

The cost to enter the competition is still a tenner (£10.00) and the cost of spare targets for x100 at a time is £10.00 for anyone that would like to buy some from us.

Air 8 targets and Air 7 targets can also be bought in bulk for less direct from the NSRA in packs of 3000 (for those that intend to practice a lot) .

The cost to send an entry pack to you is £3.70 by First Class "Signed For". Total for entry and post is £13.70.

The cost to send an entry pack to you with an extra 100 practice targets is £6.50 by "next working day" carrier. Total for entry and practice targets with delivery is £26.50.

We can also send larger parcels (any size) by carrier for just £10.00 to a UK address, so if a group of competitors are able to combine their entries and need a larger quantity of practice targets sending all in the one box this will cut the delivery costs significantly !

Entry packs and spare targets can be collected from us in Rossendale to save postage and delivery charges if you are able (or know anyone) that is able to collect them from us.

Anybody that would like to send their entry fees to us by PayPal can use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk ( please see the next thread about PayPal charges)

For those that prefer to pay by bank transfer sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model Car Club.

We can also accept good old fashioned cash if you can call in person or send it safely to us ( ask for postal address if you prefer this option)

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL.

We have been made aware of the charges that PayPal inflict upon us.

Our basic entry pack costs £10 and the postal charge is £3.70 to send them to you (total £13.70). Pay Pal will take £0.67.

The basic entry pack with 100 spare targets is £26.50 including the carriers "next working day" delivery. The PayPal charge for this is £1.10.

Most competitors have sent their entry fees to us via PayPal so our thanks to those that have sent their entry payment to us without charges.

Those that have sent their payment by direct transfer to the clubs bank account have not attracted any charges at all.

We want to keep the cost of entry to this superb competition to a tenner so please avoid the PayPal charges if you can.

Thanks for your understanding as I admit I never thought about this either...until I saw the PayPal account history!

..to follow
    Last edited by zooma; 04-12-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Competitors who have entered so far.

MPL Air Pistol.

1 Russ O. (phatman) Hastings.
    2 Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale.
    3 Andy. (AndyTMan) Beccles.
    4 Chris D.(dot1dog) Blyth.
    5 Dave N. (Dave.N) Tonbridge.
    6 George M. (thirdwheel) Dover.
    7 Peter A. (Pball) Ashington.
    8 Nige S. (nige346) Swanley.
    9 Craig B. (Paradox) West Lothian.
    10 Sara M. (starboard) Dover.
    11 Gyn D. (bluesman) Bristol.
    12 Duncan G. (Frog). Yeovil.
    13 Damion T. (Damo1).Mansfield.
    14 Dave T.(D.Towers) Newcastle.
    15 Des O. (Aimstraight) Manchester.
    16 Richard T. (trick cyclist) Chichester.
    17 Paul B. (Bart49) Hebden Bridge.
    18 Bob R. (bobroberts75) Derby.

MPL Air Rifle.

1 John.(J&J) Basingstoke.
    2 Bob S. (zooma) Rossendale.
    3 Russ O. (phatman).Hastings.
    4 Vic E. (....) Wednesfield.
    5 Nigel E.(....) Wednesfield.
    6 Martin C.(....) Wednesfield.
    7 Ray H. ( A Bellringer) Bloxwich.
    8 Mark D. (Mark D). Tonbridge.
    9 Glyn D. (bluesman) Bristol.
    10.Paul B. (Bart49) Hebden Bridge.
    11.Tom M.(....) Horsebridge.
    12.Simon F. (Sundance) Swansea.

Benchrest Air Pistol.

1 Elvis P. (GI Blues). Gracelands.
    2. Andy. (AndyTMan).Beccles.
    3. Craig B, (Paradox). West Lothian.
    etc.........Anyone?

..don't let Elvis stay "Lonely Tonight"
    Last edited by zooma; 01-04-2016 at 12:00 PM.

The MPL Postal Competition Rules

The MPL Rules have not changed - but just in case you are new or have not see them before I have dug them up again and show them below:-

.177 6 YARD MPL POSTAL COMPETITION. January 2016 - June 2016 ( inclusive).

There will be no changes to the rules or the entry fees and we will continue to run a competition for .177 MPL air pistol and another for .177 MPL air rifle .

The Supported Air Pistol competition will get one more chance to see if anyone wants to shoot in it or not this season ( last chance). This proposed competition is for .177 spring powered, SSP. CO2 or PCP air pistols...but ONLY if we get enough entries (more than 6 in each class is not too much to ask) so it is in YOUR HANDS to decide if we include it or not.

Round 1 of the 6 yard MPL (and Supported Air Pistol series ?) will start 1st January 2016 so we would like to get the entries in and to start work making a large stack of entry packs ready to go.

Late entires will still be accepted at any time.

Overseas entries are welcomed - PM zooma for more details.

The competition is open to anyone who can shoot the cards to the appropriate MPL rules as described here. The scores should be emailed to George at the end of each month using this address 6ydmpl@gmail.com

George will kindly compile them for you all and display them here on the BBS so you can see how things are going for you each month

TARGETS.

1. The pistol competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 8 targets, the rifle competitions will be shot on 6 yard Air 7 targets.

2. All the targets required to complete each 6 month series will be provided in the entry pack.

3. Spare Air 8 and Air 7 targets will be made available to purchase from us if required for practice. Bulk target supplies are available from the NSRA.

4.Competition targets must have the supplied stickers fixed to them prior to shooting so as to clearly differentiate them from any regular practice cards that you may have.

PISTOLS, RIFLES and PELLETS.

1. PISTOLS. Any single shot .177 spring powered or SSP air pistol that complies with the main MPL rules will be eligible for this competition - if in doubt, please check the main MPL rules. Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight is permitted.

1a. SUPPORTED AIR PISTOL. Any type of single shot .177 air pistol ( including CO2 and PCP) can be used to shoot in the Supported Air Pistol competition.
    Original manufacturers open sights only - no other type of sight is permitted.

1b. RIFLES. Any single shot .177 spring powered or Single Stroke Pneumatic air rifle with "open sights" or dioptre sights can be used in this air rifle competition. Telescopic sights or any other form of optical aids are banned.

1c. GASSER RIFLES. There will be no 6 yard competition for CO2 or PCP air rifles with us this season.

1d. GASSER PISTOLS. There will be no 6 yard competition for CO2 or PCP air pistols with us this season EXCEPT in the Supported Air Pistol Class where any .177 single shot air pistol can be used.

2. Only semi-wadcutter (flat nosed) pellets should be used to give clear cut holes in the Air 8 and Air 7 targets. Round nose pellets will not give a clean enough cut to permit clear scoring, and cards that cannot be scored clearly should be given a zero score.

3. BB's and any pellet other than .177 calibre are specifically banned from this competition.

SHOOTING.

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All pistol targets are to be shot single handed (unsupported) at 6 yards by the shooter himself or herself.

2a. All air rifle targets have to be shot from the free standing position at 6 yards with no supports.

2b. Supported Air Pistol Shooting entries can be shot from the seated or standing position but ONLY the base of the pistol grip may touch the rest ( see the BBS thread on Supported Air Pistol Shooting for more details).

3. The targets can be shot at any time during the month, but it is the shooters responsibility to ensure the scores are emailed to the scorer ( 6ydmpl@gmail.com) before the end of each competition month - or as soon as possible if you are running late or enter the competition late.

Submit your score in the format as shown below:-

P.Smith (smiffee) June 2013. 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233. GAMO Centre. Hobby pellets.

Please send your scores by the end of each month to 6ydmpl@gmail.com

4/.You should keep your cards safe for 2 months after they are shot as some may be requested for random checking. Any requested cards should be posted to us, and if they are not available they will be given a zero score.

5/. Anyone who scores a perfect 50 ex 50 needs to take a picture of the card and send it to 6ydmpl@gmail.com and zooma@kingcobra.co.uk so you can show off and we can see how it should be done!

6/. To avoid any time wasting, any challenges for a disputed score must be accompanied with a cash payment for £10. This will be refunded in full in the event of a successful challenge, but donated to RMTC funds if unsuccessful
    Last edited by zooma; 05-12-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Not long to go now!

Only a few weeks to go before we start shooting on January 1st

did you decide to run the gassers series again ? ill shoot it if so

I've finally got myself a qualifying pistol so you should have an entry from me before too long.

I have treated myself to a Baikal MP46M as an early Christmas pressie. . I spent an hour or so last night zeroing in the sights and having a play.

I'm also thinking the holiday period might give me enough time to knock up a stand and make an appropriate grip mod for use in the supported pistol comp.

Just to clarify, if I was to enter both the standard class and the supported pistol that would be an entry cost of £26.50?...

I will use the bank transfer method.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    did you decide to run the gassers series again ? ill shoot it if so
    Hi Damion,

If enough people want to shoot a Gasser pistol in the new series then we will run it.

We need a minimum of 6 to get it started.

........anyone else fancy keeping Damion company so we can run a gasser pistol series?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTMan View Post
    I've finally got myself a qualifying pistol so you should have an entry from me before too long.

I have treated myself to a Baikal MP46M as an early Christmas pressie. . I spent an hour or so last night zeroing in the sights and having a play.

I'm also thinking the holiday period might give me enough time to knock up a stand and make an appropriate grip mod for use in the supported pistol comp.

Just to clarify, if I was to enter both the standard class and the supported pistol that would be an entry cost of £26.50?...

I will use the bank transfer method.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Andy,

Each entry pack costs a tenner and the postage is £3.70 so that is £13.70 per entry as each entry will need a separate entry pack posting out to you.

If you are buying spare practice targets then we can put as many entries and targets as you like into a box and send it to you by DHL. The cost for this is £10.

We have a fixed charge for delivery by DHL so the size and weight of box ( unlike Royal Mail) makes no difference to the price so it can work out less expensive to ship everything to you if you have multiple entries and spare targets all sent together .
    Last edited by zooma; 09-12-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Hi Bob,

Am I right in thinking the entry fee for 6 yd air rifle includes 100 targets and 36 of these are for competition use, leaving the remainder for practice?

Also do the cards require witnessing or is everything run on a trust basis?

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Bob,

Am I right in thinking the entry fee for 6 yd air rifle includes 100 targets and 36 of these are for competition use, leaving the remainder for practice?

Also do the cards require witnessing or is everything run on a trust basis?

Kind regards,

John

Hi John,

The entry pack includes the 36 cards for the competition with printed self adhesive stickers to place on the back of each target prior to it being shot.

An MPL key-ring gift (future collectible) is also included with your first entry and trophies are provided for the top three in each class.

The cards are self-scored and the results can then be submitted to George at the email address provided.

Spare targets can be bought from the NSRA or from us at any time.

The pistol cards used in the MPL competitions are AIR 8 and the rifle cards used are AIR 7.

All of the above information is in the "how to enter" and "rules" threads above together with pricing information.

It would be good to have you join us!

Bob.

Thanks Bob.

I have just sent by Paypal my £26.50 for the 6 Yd Air Rifle event and 100 extra targets for the practice I'll need to put in between now and Jan!

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks Bob.

I have just sent by Paypal my £26.50 for the 6 Yd Air Rifle event and 100 extra targets for the practice I'll need to put in between now and Jan!

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John,

Please send me an email or PM with your address details and I will get hem sent out to you today.

Best regards,

Bob.

Bob,

Please count me in for the MPL 2016 Spring/Summer Rifle & Pistol - I have sent monies.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

Please count me in for the MPL 2016 Spring/Summer Rifle & Pistol - I have sent monies.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks for your support Russ - I will get your two entry packs out to you tomorrow