I had a play with a couple of Webley Mk 3 Supertargets the other day and was surprised at how well they shot.

I was shooting into a RedBob bell target and was impressed with the trigger - that may sound like a strange thing to say but I had just been shooting some BSA Airsporters and compared to them the Mk 3 ST does have a very good trigger !

As I got "acclimatised" to the trigger I found it to be every bit as predictable to use as the fabled trigger on my HW rifles - it was just a case of getting used to it.

The Mk3 ST is a very small and lightweight rifle compared to any of the current crop of heavy match rifles and was a real joy to shoot - ringing the bell reasonably frequently also suggested that it could be good choice of MPL rifle as well - in some ways it felt like the HW 30S that has also proven to be a good MPL rifle choice.

I used RWS Superdome pellets for bell target shooting but have used RWS Meisterkugeln 4.50 match pellets on the 6 yard Air 7 targets with some success too.

I think the Mk 3 Supertarget will be very bit as competitive as the HW35 I had a go with in the MPL league recently and if used regularly it could even be a better choice - and by jove it is British !