Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Supported pistol???

Hello All,

I see I'm still alone on this. I had been hoping that once one name was down, others may follow but alas No!

As it happens I'm a bit behind on my prep for it, I've got a cheap speaker stand lined up to be the base for my support but suitable grip mods for my mp46m are proving to be a little trickier due to the underlever...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTMan View Post
    Hello All,

I see I'm still alone on this. I had been hoping that once one name was down, others may follow but alas No!

As it happens I'm a bit behind on my prep for it, I've got a cheap speaker stand lined up to be the base for my support but suitable grip mods for my mp46m are proving to be a little trickier due to the underlever...
    Hi Andy,

Don't worry - it is not a lost cause yet - but even if you do end up being the only entry don't give up as we will still display the score every month and as time goes by I am sure this will attract some attention and we will get some more "support" ( sorry) for this new class.

We always seem to get late entries - more than we get on time entries - but this is absolutely fine as it reflects the casual and fun nature of the MPL competition and we encourage new entries at any time during the competition.

A speaker stand sounds like a neat way of getting some good support and the base of your grip only needs to make a tangent to the round bar or cylinder you rest it on ( no shaping of the lower grip surface) so it should not be too bad to accommodate your MP46M.

Any information about your stand or grip mods would be good to read about on this thread as it all helps to keep the subject fresh and may also help others to "have a go" too .

Supported pistol shooting is NOT easy - all it does is to take the weight off of the pistol supporting arm. Initial testing at RMTC did not show the super increased scoring figures we all expected compared to the regular free standing ( unsupported ) position and it did show that aiming and trigger control remain very much in the ( supported) hand of the shooter.

This is a worthy and challenging competition class, but like all things new it often takes time and the resolve of those involved to get it started.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Bob,

I'll keep plugging on for now then. At least with no other competitors to start with I can be guaranteed top spot in the standings for a certain period of time

I was hoping to post some pics and info after attempting to shoot the first round.

George sent me the rules etc so I've been working from this. I'm sure I'll come up with something suitable, alternatively it will be a good excuse to add a pistol to my collection. I had been looking at the CP1 which can be bought at such good value in Europe. CO2 powered single shot so still qualifies but with a very simple grip that I will be happy to bodge around with to my hearts content...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Andy