Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Hi Guys, just wanted to see if a PCP category was reinstated for this competition.

I have an LP2 and keen to take part.

Thanks Tristin

Quote Originally Posted by tristinh View Post
    Hi Guys, just wanted to see if a PCP category was reinstated for this competition.

I have an LP2 and keen to take part.

Thanks Tristin
    The MPL is primarily about supporting classic airgun shooting at 6 yards but we also support target shooting of all types at the traditional British 6 yard distance, so if enough people want to shoot PCP pistols at 6 yards I am sure we would be happy to accommodate them in the next MPL series.

The previous attempt to run a series for PCP pistols at 6 yards was not a success so we would need to be certain there were enough people to make the series interesting before taking it on again. Most PCP shooters prefer to shoot at 10 metres - but there must be at least 10 (or more) that are curious enough to want to see how they can perform at 6 yards?

Some of us found that we can actually score at least as well - and often better - at 6 yards with classic airguns than we could with our more modern and expensive PCP pistols so maybe that is why it lost support?

Classic air pistol and air rifle shooting at 6 yards will continue and we are always interested in trying or listening to any other ideas that could work as well. This time we have added supported air pistol shooting to the series and had hoped that it would gain some more support as the season run on but so far we have failed to gain any more support - so we do give most things a try - but they need support to become a regular MPL class.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Just joined 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal

Paid the fees for pistol, rifle and supported pistol. Going to be busy getting them all shot by end of June

Going to use an HW40 PCA for the pistol, BSA Meteor Silentum for the rifle and looking to use a CO2 for the supported - not decided which yet but not too much choice around in sinlge shot CO2. May fall back on the HW40.

Haven't shot for 20 years, let alone picked up a pistol or rifle Practice targets beginning to look okay, just need to sort out my eyes / glasses - near point not near enough!

Welcome to the MPL Tony!

I will get your entry packs and spare targets away to you today

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Welcome to the MPL Tony!

I will get your entry packs and spare targets away to you today
    Everything was sent by DPD today and should be with you tomorrow - they will text the delivery time to the provided mobile number so you do not have to stay in or what for them to arrive.

Thanks for your support

Another late starter!

Hi Guys

I've been lurking for a while and have finally plucked up the courage to send my entry in last night - re-discovered my air pistols last Christmas after a 15 year lay off then treated myself to an IZH46m in March.

I've got a lot of shooting to do to catch up but hope to have all my results in by the end of June!

Cheers

Paul