Thread: Attention JC - Falcon FN12-Raptor question

Question Attention JC - Falcon FN12-Raptor question

Hi JC...

I asked this question on the BBS and "Sniperess296" suggested I drop you a line (you have PM too but I'm not sure you use it).

Does anyone have any experience of the FN-12 Raptor ???

From what Jack told me the cocking mechanism design can lead to accidental discharges if the bolt is flicked up whilst in the back or rearward position.

Sounds a bit scary to me...
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?t=75984

Any comments would be gratefully received...
    ATB Toby
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

Arrow

I seems to be posting quite a bit on Falcon questions!!!
    I owned a Falcon FN12 Raptor once and had no trouble with 'accidental discharge'. It is a bolt action rifle with, I seem to remember, a safety catch next to the trigger blade. As with many other rifle designs, the bolt cocks the hammer spring and chambers the next pellet in the same action. I was unaware that disturbing the bolt-say by knocking it-could fire the rifle by mistake. To do that you have to pull the trigger!!! As previous posts from me have clearly indicated, I found that the Falcon mags wear out fairly quickly-compared with the life of the rifle that is- because the pellet indexing wheel on the mag is made of plastic whereas the indexing probe wheel on the rifle is serrated metal. However the mags are cheap and also easily convertible into single shot adapters when the pellet indexing wheel fails to work every time.