Thread: Muff pistols! <snigger>

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Muff pistols! <snigger>

I have spent the last couple of weeks researching all the black powder pistols available with a view to buying one. Its just for fun, a bit of shooting, but mainly a tactile display/conversation piece. The Pietta and Uberti revolvers are undoubtably great guns, but way over the top for my needs. There are some lovely little parlour guns/derringers in .177 that use a cap only for a power source. Again lovely guns, but something I could ever bring back to use in the UK. (This is for use in France)

I have sort of settled on the Pedersoli Liegi pistol kit in .44. The price is fantastic, it comes in kit form, so i get to actually put it together and get a finish and detailing all of my own, and it has a screw off barrel. This means loading is simplified, which is nice, but the main advantage is versatility! I can machine up a .177 & .22 barrel from blanks i have here for use with percussion cap only, very similar to the Guardian and Rider derringers which means its suitable for indoor/garden use. And best of all, i can make a solid barrel with a top vent which would (in my mind) make it a posh cap gun. As long as i leave the functioning barrels in france I dont see how this would be illegal to own in the uk? It wouldnt be a registered firearm as they're not classed as such abroad, and the proofing/serial number is on the barrel. Your thoughts and opinions on that would be appreciated though.

So, who has one? Has anyone made one?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

No one? Is it cos theyre a bit cack? From the workngs out I could do 10grn of powder would only give me about 300fps. That does make my Gat gun look like a powerhouse!

would you not get a fac and the pistol to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    would you not get a fac and the pistol to it ?
    No, in France any black powder gun of a design predating 1880 is free for anyone over the age of 18 to buy. A full power HW80 requires club membership documents and a signature from the GP to say you're not mad, but a black powder gun doesn't even require ID?!

The French regard airguns with suspicion.
    Why would anyone want a toy and not a proper hunting rifle?