Thread: Muff pistols! <snigger>

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Muff pistols! <snigger>

I have spent the last couple of weeks researching all the black powder pistols available with a view to buying one. Its just for fun, a bit of shooting, but mainly a tactile display/conversation piece. The Pietta and Uberti revolvers are undoubtably great guns, but way over the top for my needs. There are some lovely little parlour guns/derringers in .177 that use a cap only for a power source. Again lovely guns, but something I could ever bring back to use in the UK. (This is for use in France)

I have sort of settled on the Pedersoli Liegi pistol kit in .44. The price is fantastic, it comes in kit form, so i get to actually put it together and get a finish and detailing all of my own, and it has a screw off barrel. This means loading is simplified, which is nice, but the main advantage is versatility! I can machine up a .177 & .22 barrel from blanks i have here for use with percussion cap only, very similar to the Guardian and Rider derringers which means its suitable for indoor/garden use. And best of all, i can make a solid barrel with a top vent which would (in my mind) make it a posh cap gun. As long as i leave the functioning barrels in france I dont see how this would be illegal to own in the uk? It wouldnt be a registered firearm as they're not classed as such abroad, and the proofing/serial number is on the barrel. Your thoughts and opinions on that would be appreciated though.

So, who has one? Has anyone made one?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

No one? Is it cos theyre a bit cack? From the workngs out I could do 10grn of powder would only give me about 300fps. That does make my Gat gun look like a powerhouse!

would you not get a fac and the pistol to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    would you not get a fac and the pistol to it ?
    No, in France any black powder gun of a design predating 1880 is free for anyone over the age of 18 to buy. A full power HW80 requires club membership documents and a signature from the GP to say you're not mad, but a black powder gun doesn't even require ID?!

The French regard airguns with suspicion.
    Why would anyone want a toy and not a proper hunting rifle?