Thread: Walther CG90 Information .

Walther CG90 Information .

Does anyone own or have any information about the Walther CG90 Match Rifle?

My collection of air rifles and pistols is slowly being reduced in size but I am keeping my Walther match rifles and by swapping and selling-off some of my other things I have been able to fill in some of the missing gaps but I do not have a CG90 and have never seen one.

The rifle looks like it is a CO2 version of the LG90 although it started production in 1987 - two years before the LG90 started to be manufactured and if this is the case then it would also be the first and the last CO2 match rifle to be made by Walther.

The rifle was production until 1994 and had a 7 year production run and so there must be quite a few of them out there somewhere.

From what I can see all the models made after the CG90 were SSP until the LG200 and the other PCP rifles that followed took over.

Perhaps the CG90 was not a commercial success for Walther as the next 5 match rifle they released were all SSP :- LG90, LGM-1,
    LGM-2, LG200 and LG210 - almost a retro-step in terms of technology until they re-entered the pre-charged match rifle market with their first PCP LG200 in 1999.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-12-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I had 1. Pitty I sold it. But I sold it cause its bulkfill only. (not 12gr bulbs)
    They're very nice and easy to shoot. For me, I can hold them still better than the LG300. Probably cause there quite heavy with their co2 cilinders.
    Theyre a pain in the ass regarding changing cilinder O-rings. Many break when you try to open the cilinders (brass issue I believe). So if they start leaking you are better off buying a new 1 from walther.
    Cocking them also open the loading bay. Kinda neat.
    Stocks are less ergonomic than LG300 but thats logical; theyre older
    They come up for sale often on egun.de
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks Yana,

I have an LG90 that I am very happy with and from what I can see the CG90 is a very similar rifle and should feel "familiar" when I eventually find a nice example at a good price.

Your advise about buying a new CO2 cylinder makes sense and they are still available from Walther so I would keep this in mind when buying one and allow for the cost of a new cylinder.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.