Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
I don't know why some of you are so dissatisfied with the Co2 market offerings.
After all, there are design constraints, that limit how accurate a 'replica' can be,
while still having the ability to be a reasonably Priced, target shooter and plinker.
All these "pot metal" complaints, you want real steel, go buy a real gun and pay the price.
Too low muzzle velocity, buy a pcp, you can only get so much out of a standard Co2 cartridge.
More power, fewer shots, just take a look at the 586, lucky to get 40 good shots.
I think the manufacturers are doing a fantastic job, while being able to make a very good profit, good for them.
This enables them to do more R&D and squeeze the most out of the new designs that they are able to bring to the marketplace.
I think, hope, that the 715 is a great example of todays technology, and what's to come?
I'm not dissatisfied in general with the CO2 guns and own a few. I like the older Umarex guns, and like the fact that when they break they can be fixed (I am less impressed at a bit of the hype seen in advertising them). I have had good experiences with some of the cheaper Daisy and Crosman guns. And the Baikal 654. I have never heard anything but good about the Baikal Makarov.

I am concerned that I read quite a lot about a fair few of the airsoft-derived far Eastern guns that suggests some of them have design or QC issues that make them unlikely to stand up to hard use. And that spare parts are not offered for when they go awry. I just think that's a shame for people who have spent their own money on them.

I really like the look of the new DW and could be tempted by one. I hope it proves to be a good gun.