Thread: Adjusting the rear sight on a CP1 - query ?

Adjusting the rear sight on a CP1 - query ?

Hi,

I was examining my new CP1-M this morning and noticed that the rear sight has what appears to be two adjusting screws; one on each sides of the sight, (as well as the one 'on top'!) which I don't quite understand, as it appears to be a single item!

Can't really see how they can work independently, or indeed the point in having two!

Could some kind and knowledgeable member enlighten me please... and also advise me which one to 'twiddle'... and in which direction, if I find that my pistol is shooting to the left... or to the right!

Thanks!

Rear sight only adjusts up and down. Front sight left or right.

Thanks... so if that is indeed the case, then what are the two screws actually for?

The rear sight 'blade' does indeed appear to be a separate piece, but as the two screws are in line with each other I assume they must have some purpose?

I do not have this gun, so just making a guess based on some other guns and their sights.... It's not to adjust the width of the blade gap is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    I do not have this gun, so just making a guess based on some other guns and their sights.... It's not to adjust the width of the blade gap is it?
    Not so far as I can see... the rear sight 'blade' itself is a single piece.

If there was just a single screw (like on my QB78 rifle), then it would have made sense, but having two screws doesn't... not to me anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Wedwivwage View Post
    This is incorrect. The rear sight adjusts for windage using the two screws - it is a very basic method of sight adjustment:

To adjust for the pistol shooting left, unscrew the left side grub screw (looking from rear of pistol) half a turn, then tighten up the right side screw half a turn, or until snug - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN, the plastic is not very hard wearing. Check zero, repeat as necessary, and vice-versa the other way, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    This is incorrect. The rear sight adjusts for windage using the two screws - it is a very basic method of sight adjustment:

To adjust for the pistol shooting left, unscrew the left side grub screw (looking from rear of pistol) half a turn, then tighten up the right side screw half a turn, or until snug - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN, the plastic is not very hard wearing. Check zero, repeat as necessary, and vice-versa the other way, obviously
    Thank you very much indeed for your reply, which does indeed make sense.

I did wonder if that might actually be the case, but it seemed just a bit too basic, although it is only a cheap pistol after all I suppose!... and even cheaper when purchased from Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Montala View Post
    Thank you very much indeed for your reply, which does indeed make sense.

I did wonder if that might actually be the case, but it seemed just a bit too basic, although it is only a cheap pistol after all I suppose!... and even cheaper when purchased from Europe!
    My apologies chaps, I took mine off ages ago and use a scope. Memory is failing!

My apologies chaps, I took mine off ages ago and use a scope. Memory is failing!
    No problem, I imagine many others do the same!

The rearsight on this pistol is actually ripe for updating with some decent iron sights, preferably adjustable width ones. Foresight seems okay, not sure what the options are for those who don't want red dots or optics?

Thanks again for all the replies guys!

My original question has now been answered, and I will be taking my new pistol down to the local range tomorrow morning to see how it performs.

Fingers crossed!