Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'New ASG 715 6" revolvers...'

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I have several Crosman 150's and a 157 I also have a S&W 78g,an early Croman 38T a Crosman 600 and an SA6.I don't have a Schimmel,but will rectify that at some point or a Plainsmen which I would like too.I have several Sheridan EB Co2 pistols also and have had a number of the early,but still in production Umarex rotary eight shot pistols,so I am very familiar with Co2 pistols.

These Asian made low powered bb guns designed originally for 6mm bb in the main are underwhelming,but my interest has been piqued by the newly designed Colt SAA and now this model 715.

It will definitely be interesting to see what follows in the future from the industry.Nine tenths of it with these guns is,of course imagination anyway....
    I see where you are coming from now!
    Modern power is a bit poor by comparison.

The Colt is a cracking good gun and I think you have bought the best first.

Regards

I don't know why some of you are so dissatisfied with the Co2 market offerings.
    After all, there are design constraints, that limit how accurate a 'replica' can be,
    while still having the ability to be a reasonably Priced, target shooter and plinker.
    All these "pot metal" complaints, you want real steel, go buy a real gun and pay the price.
    Too low muzzle velocity, buy a pcp, you can only get so much out of a standard Co2 cartridge.
    More power, fewer shots, just take a look at the 586, lucky to get 40 good shots.
    I think the manufacturers are doing a fantastic job, while being able to make a very good profit, good for them.
    This enables them to do more R&D and squeeze the most out of the new designs that they are able to bring to the marketplace.
    I think, hope, that the 715 is a great example of todays technology, and what's to come?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

I agree.
    My 715 seems well made and performs well.
    It's getting better as it wears in.
    There are reports of issues but I speak as I find as an owner.

It's around £180 here although I paid £160 for mine.
    How does that compare to Canada?

People have a right to be cautious but if a new gun breaks you have a years warranty.

I don't know the price, since I don't know of any in Canada as of yet.
    Would cost about $230CDN if shipped from Pyramid in US, Plus Duty?
    Figure when available here, will be $200-$225CDN, maybe a bit more?
    Like I say, our dollar has really taken a dump against the US and will only get worse!
    Better be a good gun, that's getting into 586 territory! The new Sig cost me $150CDN plus shipping.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    I don't know why some of you are so dissatisfied with the Co2 market offerings.
    After all, there are design constraints, that limit how accurate a 'replica' can be,
    while still having the ability to be a reasonably Priced, target shooter and plinker.
    All these "pot metal" complaints, you want real steel, go buy a real gun and pay the price.
    Too low muzzle velocity, buy a pcp, you can only get so much out of a standard Co2 cartridge.
    More power, fewer shots, just take a look at the 586, lucky to get 40 good shots.
    I think the manufacturers are doing a fantastic job, while being able to make a very good profit, good for them.
    This enables them to do more R&D and squeeze the most out of the new designs that they are able to bring to the marketplace.
    I think, hope, that the 715 is a great example of todays technology, and what's to come?
    I'm not dissatisfied in general with the CO2 guns and own a few. I like the older Umarex guns, and like the fact that when they break they can be fixed (I am less impressed at a bit of the hype seen in advertising them). I have had good experiences with some of the cheaper Daisy and Crosman guns. And the Baikal 654. I have never heard anything but good about the Baikal Makarov.

I am concerned that I read quite a lot about a fair few of the airsoft-derived far Eastern guns that suggests some of them have design or QC issues that make them unlikely to stand up to hard use. And that spare parts are not offered for when they go awry. I just think that's a shame for people who have spent their own money on them.

I really like the look of the new DW and could be tempted by one. I hope it proves to be a good gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    I don't know the price, since I don't know of any in Canada as of yet.
    Would cost about $230CDN if shipped from Pyramid in US, Plus Duty?
    Figure when available here, will be $200-$225CDN, maybe a bit more?
    Like I say, our dollar has really taken a dump against the US and will only get worse!
    Better be a good gun, that's getting into 586 territory! The new Sig cost me $150CDN plus shipping.
    Lot cheaper than here then.
    If my conversion is right!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I see where you are coming from now!
    Modern power is a bit poor by comparison.

The Colt is a cracking good gun and I think you have bought the best first.

Regards

I agree, I think the Colt is exceptional in a Co2 pistol of this type, I hope it is just Umarex's first in a series of guns of the old west!

I hope the 715, too lives up to expectation as it is a nice looking replica of the original.......