Thread: Tuning my 97k

glaut Guest

Tuning my 97k

Just got back from some target practice with my new 97K (0.177). I have to say its a great rifle and at 50yds i was hitting a one inch target 7 out of 10 times seeing as this is only the second time i have been shooting i was happy. The only thing i can complain about is that each time i fire a pellet there is a loud twang which seems much louder than a friends 97k. I have been toying with the idea of sending my gun off to venom for a tune so i was wondering if anyone could please give me their contact details.

Thanks, Garth

Dave. Guest
    Phone number is 0121 4530099. Lengthy waiting times for tuning though.

You could always buy a DIY kit from either Venom, Chambers, or Maccari.

glaut Guest
    I thought of that but seeing as im new to the whole airgunning scene i dont really want to mess my rifle up or put it over the limit with a diy kit.

as its new it'll take around a tin of pellets to settle in. give it time

shrendi Guest
    It will not take much to tune your gun to Venom standard if you have the time. The twang will be loose fitting guides but the whole shooting experience will be much improved with a few simple mod's. Make sure you get the best spring and fitted guides. Low recoil and a clean blaaattt! Very rewarding

Just keep shoving pellets through it, HW's just get better and better with use.

You'll need at least 500 - 1000 pellets just to run it in.

Then when you know your gun and it's all settled in start to think about tuning.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

In a year's time ....

The Venom kit is easy to fit, the 77/97 is easy to strip and reassemble and there is an excellent guide to doing this on the airgunforum.net website (members area). The slot in the piston liner is placed OPPOSITE the cocking slot by the way.

Transforms the rifle, and it won't twang any more.

shrendi Guest
    If you rely on running in to sort the rough edges you will not get the same gun that a fettle and tune will give.

Dave. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shrendi
    If you rely on running in to sort the rough edges you will not get the same gun that a fettle and tune will give.
    I agree, why wait 'till you've run in the old spring, guides, and washer only to replace them with other parts that you have to run it in all over again.
    If you get it tuned now you will enjoy shooting it more, Weihrauchs usually shoot crap from the box.