Thread: Stainless ultrasonic cleaner

Stainless ultrasonic cleaner

Has anybody used this type of cleaner for a Stainless or blued Ruger Old Army. Seems a good idea.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Seems a bit OTT but for SS will be fine (you will anyway have to strip the gun, so not a lot of saving). For Blued, will remove blueing
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Seems a bit OTT but for SS will be fine (you will anyway have to strip the gun, so not a lot of saving). For Blued, will remove blueing
    I'll second that. I have a small 0.7 litre ultrasonic cleaner that I use for watch parts, depending on the fluid used it will remove bluing in about 15 seconds!

I have on my stainless Remington more bother than its worth. I went back to hot water/washing up liquid in a bowl tooth brush and cotton buds. You could get a cheap hand steam-cleaner from Home & Bargain etc use in bowl and handle with an oven glove works pretty well.

AFAIR, I've posted about five times - at least - that the Kleneeze 'miracle cloth' will clean up your stainless steel ROA with little effort. I'm not saying that you just wave it and the job is done, it DOES require you to participate by indulging in a little manual labour, but it's a lot cheaper than any Ultrasonic cleaner.

It is EXACTLY the same as the much more expensive Birchwood-Casey lead remover, and will, just like that item, remove your bluing if you have any, since it is designed principally for bringing a fine surface shine back to uncoated metals, like the stainless steel that the ROA is made from.

AND it costs half as much and is twice as big for your money.

tac