Afternoon
Can't make up my mind on this one so thought I would see what opinions people had.
A while back now I dug out the service rifle from the bottom of the gun cabinet and it has to be said at the time that it looked in a pretty sorry state as it had been completely stripped down and was showing quite a lot of rust in places, thankfully most of the rust was just on the surface and it has cleaned up well.
Originally I was missing the bolt and the rear aperture, I have now managed to find an original bolt but have not yet found a rear aperture. The gun is also down on power at about 1.5 ft/lb, I understand from earlier posts that it should be around 8.5 - 9 ft.lb.
The gun belonged to my grandfather and has been used and abused by various members of the family over the years. There are also various marks on the stock and the bluing is pretty much non existent.
Money has not been an issue as the rifle would never be for sale and I am hoping that my son can use it once he is old enough. So once I have tracked down a rear aperture and have a complete rifle I have the following decision to make, should I leave it in its current condition or get the bluing re done and the stock sanded and re-varnished????? I also need to resolve the issue with the lack of power.