Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Webley MKV1 Vs Umarex Colt SAA?

I've got both the Webley and the Colt SAA (antique finish - with the horribly white writing either toned down or obliterated). I think the Webley is more consistent then the Colt in accuracy.

Not sure whether I could really justify the pellet Webley, maybe I would be better buying a target pistol.

However I reckon the KWC Luger is even better than the others, possibly because the action actual inserts the BB into the barrel.

And the Marshal!

Yes,there is the Marshal,but all it is really is the antique finish version with badges on the grips for which one must pay an additional 20 quid! I'll wait for a more,(to me ) appealing limited edition I think.
    Last edited by mrto; 03-01-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I picked up the 'antique' finished version today to complete the hat-trick.........I'm starting to find these Colts addictive!

Let's hope Umarex bring them out in the 7 1/2" barrel cavalry version!
    Last edited by mrto; 05-01-2016 at 08:08 PM.

I'm seriously thinking of investing in a nickel version of the lovely peacemaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-boy View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of investing in a nickel version of the lovely peacemaker!

You will be absolutely delighted with it if you are an SAA nut like myself,I assure you!

What about the New 'John Wayne' Pellet version? distressed, and nickel.
    Last edited by ejackyou; 24-01-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Decisions, decisions...... I like the look of the blue one though too !
    I'd like a decent gun belt/holster too that didn't cost an arm and a leg - any ideas where I might look lads?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-boy View Post
    Decisions, decisions...... I like the look of the blue one though too !
    I'd like a decent gun belt/holster too that didn't cost an arm and a leg - any ideas where I might look lads?

Do what I did and buy all three with different finishes,it takes the agonising out of things

A western rig can be found via a google search,by the way..

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    It seems to me Umarex have done a good job of this pellet firing version of the Webley.I spent some considerable time in the shop comparing the two,though was unable to shoot both side by side whilst there,so had to make a decision based on looks alone.The seating of the pellet in the base of the specifically designed pellet shells essentially lengthens the barrel increasing muzzle velocity and compensating to some degree for the energy robbed by the pellet being forced into the rifling.There is no noticeable gas leak between the cylinder and the forcing cone on firing and accuracy seems to be potentially very good.

For me the only disappointment is that light pellets at this Co2 bb pistol power will not penetrate one side of a food can,but this is made up for in some part by the increased accuracy....
    Didn't think the webley was made by umarex....may be wrong.Now I'm not a western buff but I bought a blued peacemaker the other week ,lovely thing,beautifully made and accurate as a bb gun can be.Really marks the backplate on my pellet catcher too.They sound and feel so right.....so much that I went and bought the nickle version yesterday too...couldn't help myself. Nice things to own,a real cut above any other bb replica .Go onto a few American sites where the guys own cartridge 45,s and they love the umarex.says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Didn't think the webley was made by umarex....may be wrong.Now I'm not a western buff but I bought a blued peacemaker the other week ,lovely thing,beautifully made and accurate as a bb gun can be.Really marks the backplate on my pellet catcher too.They sound and feel so right.....so much that I went and bought the nickle version yesterday too...couldn't help myself. Nice things to own,a real cut above any other bb replica .Go onto a few American sites where the guys own cartridge 45,s and they love the umarex.says it all really.

I think you're right the Webley is not made by Umarex it was just an assumption I made without checking!

As for the SAA's they are exceptional aren't they.I bought the blued version first and then like you the nickel one and finally the antique finish version all in the space of ten days.If there was another distinctly different version I would have got that too.I didn't think the US Marshal version for what it was, justified an extra 20 quid....

Crosman really shot themselves in the foot by not making this new model.
    And yet they put their name on a Tokarev!
    I assume Umarex have a link with Colt going back to their 1911 model?

Umarex really are producing some crackers these days ,well made ,reasonably priced and very sympathetic to their full bore counterparts. Not overly keen on the weathered versions of the colts ...think it's because the finish on the bleued and nickle version's are so bloody good .Seems a shame to see one knocked about lol.

Let's hope we see other manufacturers offering some western revolvers,the Schofield and 1875 Remington for example would do as well as the Colt I'm sure.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Let's hope we see other manufacturers offering some western revolvers,the Schofield and 1875 Remington for example would do as well as the Colt I'm sure.

Fingers crossed!
    Agreed. I'd like to see an S&W model 3, Maybe even a Walther lever action style Volcanic.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich