Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treated myself today, oh yeah (umarex walther lever action)

Treated myself today, oh yeah (umarex walther lever action)

Hi guys :gg:

Well i needed to cheers myself up and destress myself today, so i went to the gun shop and spent my christmas money and my saving on this beauty.

My local gun shop sell the stainless steel versions for £369, but the first discount i got them down to £320, but it did not end there lol.

Because the shop only had the these rifles that thay have on display it was the one i had to walk away with, they could have ordered one in for me but i did not want to wait 3 weeks to a month, so i decided to buy this one..
    Right away though i noticed the the front sight cap ring was scratched quite badly from people (lol including myself) from bumping it on the rifle rack when removing it, so i said to him knock another £20 off the price or just give me 2 more co2 capsules for it, 2 capsules for £14 so he choose that. So i ended up paying £320 but got 2 extra 88g capsules, well 90g ones, hmm strange 90g lol..

If im honest though the scratches on the front sight cap did not bother me one bit as even before i saw it my plan was to remove it anyway, the look MUCH better without then and its easier to see the target with them removed too..

The thing was those, when i took the gun to the counter we noticed it had a slight problem, the cocking lever was very stiff, it should not have been as stiff as it was, we cocked all the over guns and they were very smooth and this one was not, i thought thats just blooming great, the one i want i cant have anyway.. BUT howard being a gun smith not just a guy that works in the shop said, dont worry i know whats wrong with it, its minor a part on the cocking lever bar is rubbing against the frame, give me 10 minutes and ill sort it, he went to the workshop part of the shop come back about 10 minutes later and the gun was Perfect, the cocking action was lovely and smooth. SUPERB, So i bought it, and was more then happy to.

Ive gone on enough now, lets get to the rifle..

The rifle itself is just stunning, feels great in your hands and looks amazing too, it looks just like my dads Rossi .357, lol im sure it will not recoil like it though.. :lol:
    The stainless steel finish is very even all over the rifle which that did great with because the barrels are steel but the frame and cocking lever is alloy.

The real wood stock is just stunning, i can go as far as saying better then a few rifle stocks, better then my QB78D stock, the finish is not high gloss but is not rough, its nice and smooth but textured as well, it feels lovely, once again just like my dads rossi .357, i really like the grain pattern..

The stock is not all hollow either its solid but does or course have the co2 capsule section bored out..

Im not a lover of the recoil butt plate but i dont think anyone is, its too large, they say thay had to do this because of the 88g co2 capsules but personally i think they could have made it 1cm shorter, but because of how its made and sits on the stock, i dont think it would be impossible to make a new rubber one for it, maybe something ill look into in the future..

It looks great in my rifle rack and i cant wait to test it out, but really looking forward to taking it to gun club on tuesday and putting it to the test in the 25 yard ranges and then in the airgun room for some fast plinking fun.

Overall i think the rifle is fantastic, although a lot of money i do feel its kind of worth it, thing what you get when you buy a true umarex pistol, for £200+ with this rifle for an extra £100 or so your getting a lot more for your money, and its not all alloy.
    yeah fit and finish looks great no wobble on the hammer or trigger or sights, but there is some side to side wobble on the cocking lever about 4mm not too happy about that, but i am ultra fussy i guess lol, but i can live with it, it does not put me off at all, its a shame the sights are plastic same with the barrel bands, umarex just wanting to save a few quid tut tut, but once again easily livable.
    Im more then happy with the rifle, best airgun and best quality airgun i have bought i think.

Once i have put at least 500 rounds through it i will do a proper review on youtube and post it here too. :gg:

Right best go spend some time with my wife and little girl play some games before the new year, have a good night everyone. :gg2:

All the best, marc. :down2:
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

HI mods, this was not a review just sharing what I bought and my first thoughts on it, could you please move it back?
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

thats a lovely looking rifle that! always loved the cocking action on these

Congrats on a nice rifle, I have the exact same model and love it. Do yourself a favour and buy one of these http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/umarex...for-2-12g.html it will pay for itself in the end.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    A nice looking gun and it looks like you have a good set up at home also, mine are all squirreled away out of site as I have kids.

Lookin good.

James

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Congrats on a nice rifle, I have the exact same model and love it. Do yourself a favour and buy one of these http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/umarex...for-2-12g.html it will pay for itself in the end.
    hi mate, thank you, yeah i plan on getting the adaptor in a few months time, must admit though not heard that many great things about them, but its something i want to try.
    ATB, Marc..

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    A nice looking gun and it looks like you have a good set up at home also, mine are all squirreled away out of site as I have kids.

Lookin good.

James
    Hi james, thank you mate, love the gun lol but i love my man cave more, i also have a little girl, well not so little shes 12 now but my man cave is totally lockable so she can not get unsupervised access to any of my guns that are on display..
    All the best, marc..

Marc

Very nice, and I bet it's a lot of fun. If I found one at a good price, I'd be tempted to snap it up (but I have bought my xmas present to myself this year: an unexpectedly cheap old Sheridan).

I do though prefer the more authentic look of the buttpad on the earlier 12g version. And I can't understand why Umarex didn't extend the fore-end past the first barrel band, like a real 1894 (or '92 or any other Winchester I've ever seen/handled/used).

Great non-review, and look forward to the full works soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    hi mate, thank you, yeah i plan on getting the adaptor in a few months time, must admit though not heard that many great things about them, but its something i want to try.
    ATB, Marc..
    I have no complaints with mine although it helps that I can remove it and use it in my Airmagnum too. I'll refrain from putting a link to a rather nice leather slip for the rifle too as I'm sure you wouldn't be interested lol.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    I have no complaints with mine although it helps that I can remove it and use it in my Airmagnum too. I'll refrain from putting a link to a rather nice leather slip for the rifle too as I'm sure you wouldn't be interested lol.
    Ahh thats good to know mate, i will be getting one its only a matter of time, makes sense really as i have tones of 12g capsules and then i dont have to leave co2 in the gun.. although i would not want to buy a leather slip myself, im definitely interesting in seeing it mate, others might want to buy one too. haha i want a horse now though..
    ATB, Marc..

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Marc

Very nice, and I bet it's a lot of fun. If I found one at a good price, I'd be tempted to snap it up (but I have bought my xmas present to myself this year: an unexpectedly cheap old Sheridan).

I do though prefer the more authentic look of the buttpad on the earlier 12g version. And I can't understand why Umarex didn't extend the fore-end past the first barrel band, like a real 1894 (or '92 or any other Winchester I've ever seen/handled/used).

Great non-review, and look forward to the full works soon.
    hi geezer, thanks a lot mate.. lol
    i cant wait to take it to gun club tuesday and put it to the test..
    An old sheridan, nice, we do choose the best presents for ourselves dont we haha.

Your right i also prefer the old 12g version more authentic looking but butt, i would have bought the older version but i here they suffer from a frame design fault (weak frame mold) which apparently umarex fixed on this version, i think i could make a better looking and shorter butt pad for this though so something to look into later down the line. Yeah it would have been nice for them to have extended the for-end stock past the first barrel band, i think it was just them being lazy as normal mate, theres no other reason for it. lol i still love it though if im honest, when i want to shoot the real stuff ill just use the real guns but when i want some fast action plinking fun or shoot at home ill grab this.

ATB, Marc..

Hi guys. :gg:
    well finally got round to giving the walther lever action a little test today, well say little i ended up putting 250+ rounds through it, i just did not want to stop shooting it..

So after just testing the gun out i sighted it in, which was easy enough and now fires spot on..

This is just some short range tests, 6 yards, semi rested, each bull has 4 shot groupings, as you can see basically each 4 shot groupings as about a 177 sized pellet hole. im happy with that.

Be interesting to see how it shoots at 25 yards though, ill test that out tuedays at gun club, although i bought this at a short range fast action plinker be interesting to find out how well it shoot long range with open sights..

ATB, Marc..
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 03-01-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Lovely looking rifle! I see your based in Brighton? was the shop westens? I wished id seen it in the flesh last time i was in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Lovely looking rifle! I see your based in Brighton? was the shop westens? I wished id seen it in the flesh last time i was in there!
    Hi mate, thank you, I'm loving it, had great fun shooting it upstairs yesterday lol.. yeah it was Chwestons I buy mist my guns from them great bunch of guys..

Nice rifle but I was taken by your gun rack! What a little beauty!