Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley Service rifle stock on a certain auction site

Webley Service rifle stock on a certain auction site

Just a quick 'heads up' - there is currently quite a nice stock for a Service rifle on a certain well-known e-jumble sale site. Still only a few quid. Anyone restoring one of these?:

http://www./itm/Webley-Mk2-Service-W...kAAOSwaA5WhXWC

Item number is- 181977596426

There's also a Case for a Service, Most likely repro but I don't know for sure Item 262217747840

EDIT- Yep, Says in the description that it's repro, There's also a repro oil can with it and a pellet tin!!

John...
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

There's also a Case for a Service, Most likely repro but I don't know for sure Item 262217747840

EDIT- Yep, Says in the description that it's repro, There's also a repro oil can with it and a pellet tin!!

John...
    The pellet tin is also post war, but still a nice set which would cost a fortune if it were all original

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

John...
    if its the bloke I think it is that's selling its one of the trader sharks that were at the Melbourne fair..

careless?

I know accidents happen and things occasionally get broken, myself, someone who generally takes good care and looks after things, born when money was short and when a years wages are now typically earned in a month.
    I find it fascinating that there are so many webley services in need of parts, ive watched maybe half a dozen service stocks and the rest of the parts get auctioned off in the past year. The one for sale looks like its not itself in original condition, bleached maybe? Can there really be so many in need of a stock that even a less than average one can be worth £42 with nine days to go?
    Its been said before but certain airguns, not rare but neither of a massive surplus and of a less than great condition are seemingly worth more in parts than complete, which is sad in a way.
    eric

name ?

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    if its the bloke I think it is that's selling its one of the trader sharks that were at the Melbourne fair..
    I would assume that from his e bay identity, that his or her initials are J. T. (jay tee)?
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by shabee View Post
    I would assume that from his e bay identity, that his or her initials are J. T. (jay tee)?
    eric
    No A... B....

JT,AB,rhyming slang perhaps? .

Whoever they are, they've been selling a lot of mainly low value items on there.

Any bets on the final sale price?.

Yep, that's the Nob

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Yep, that's the Nob
    thought it was and what prize bellend he is!!!

hope you had a good new years old man!

It always seems a great shame when dealers get involved in what is essentially a cheep hobby, their greed can only drive the prices one way.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It always seems a great shame when dealers get involved in what is essentially a cheep hobby, their greed can only drive the prices one way.

All the best Mick
    hi mick,
    I have no problem with dealers at all, but this individual is not an RFD and was going around before the doors opened trying to gouge prices and openly saying that he could not pay that as he had to sell it on and make a profit, his sidekick I had seen at both the Bedford and Birmingham arms fairs.

guy

hi mick,
    I have no problem with dealers at all, but this individual is not an RFD and was going around before the doors opened trying to gouge prices and openly saying that he could not pay that as he had to sell it on and make a profit, his sidekick I had seen at both the Bedford and Birmingham arms fairs.

guy

Same stunt the previous year, not a nice person, he pressurised sellers into a corner. Not me or the the present Mrs B though, I told him to Frank Bough.

I also have no problem with dealers, in fact the more tables at Melbourne, the better. You have a choice and if the dealer is too dear, just walk.

Come one, come all. Great fair and hope it continues for a long time, even if it is 200 miles from England

Quote Originally Posted by scrapman View Post
    Just a quick 'heads up' - there is currently quite a nice stock for a Service rifle on a certain well-known e-jumble sale site. Still only a few quid. Anyone restoring one of these?:

http://www./itm/Webley-Mk2-Service-W...kAAOSwaA5WhXWC

Bear in mind that the butt plate is missing and they were hand fitted horn, so unlikely to be found in a boot sale

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Bear in mind that the butt plate is missing and they were hand fitted horn, so unlikely to be found in a boot sale
    but didn't a certain collector get a few copies made up....... of the butt plates that is???