Thread: combro on steyr air pistol

combro on steyr air pistol

anyone get one to fit,on the barrel (with the shroud removed) ??

thanks and happy new year!!!
    craig

I use mine no probs with the LP1 and LP2,

LP1 without the barrel shroud and the LP2 with just the sight removed, as the LP10 is the same basic set up as the LP1 it should work fine.

ATB
    Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Hi Nige

How do you get your LP2 front sight lined up again after removing it ?

Cheers
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Hi,

The front sight itself lines up within the compensator and can only fit one way.

if you mean after removing the compensator I have found it best to lightly nip up the smaller of the two grub screw's (very lightly) with the actual sight blade removed and place the pistol upside down on a glass plate, mirror, glass cutting board etc, you can then turn the compensator gently until both sides of the rear sight blade and both sides of the front sight blade slot are all contacting the glass, once done nip it up, takes a few moments and will ensure the front sight is perfectly flat with the rear sight blade.

Hopefully that all makes sense, if not let me know.

ATB
    Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks Nige, ingenious.
    I have been using 2 small bubble levels, one on the sight slot and one on the rear sight while the pistol in in a vise, but it's not totally satisfactory.

I'll try your solution next time.

Cheers
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

I have found it easy to just look down through the sights with the muzzle weight grub screws slightly loose.

Take your normal sight view and adjust the front sight so both sides of it sit parallel to the rear sight leaf and then nip up the grub screws

This only takes a few seconds and is absolutely fool proof as you will see every time you look through the sights that the sides are parallel and the top of the sight also sits square and in line with the top of the rear side blade.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Craig and all,
    I have made an attachment that holds a fixed modified V clamp to the air cylinder.
    It works great on my LP5 and LP1. I'm sure it would also work on the LP2.
    If someone can explain to me how on earth you attach photos I could show you
    On the shrouded barrels it self aligns and is just a case of sliding it on.

Photos

OK, I think this link will take you to the photos ☺

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gxbbq6ikt...ekMDFK8ea?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotmike! View Post
    OK, I think this link will take you to the photos ☺

That is a nice idea and saves removing the shroud on an LP1 or LP10 etc. and the idea could probably be adapted to fit other air pistols as well.

Did you use plastic pipe to make the adaptor from?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

It's not a direct answer to the original posters question, but my work around was to cut a hole in the Combro to clear the foresight blade. I elongated the hole and the Combro now fits quite a few different items with raised fporsights, the Steyr being one if them.

Can provide piccies if someone can host them for me.

Vic Thompson.

cheers for that,havent bought one yet so unfamiliar with clearance thro the chrono,looks like 1/2 inch dia.
    my last chrono isnt very well from years ago ,a near miss with 7.62....
    looks promising ,will use one for my air rifle from time to time.
    As for taking off and refitting muzzle break,all I do is unscrew, slide off,when done slide back on check alignment with rear sight and tighten up!!
    If it looks right it probably is....

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    That is a nice idea and saves removing the shroud on an LP1 or LP10 etc. and the idea could probably be adapted to fit other air pistols as well.

Did you use plastic pipe to make the adapter from?
    Pipe of a fashion...
    It's actually a syringe! Any pipe would do though, as long as the split circumference gives a good grip onto the air cylinder
    Combro will send you a new V clamp for £3.50 then it needs machining down a little (the wings are too wide to fit..), aligning (the critical part really) and sealant added and allowed to set. This is done on an air cylinder (I wrapped it in clingfilm). Once set I trimmed the tube to be an interference 'miss' with the barrel /compensator sleeve to maximize the grip of the tube
    This means it's happiest when on a cylinder and a bit contorted when it's not, but that ensures that it positively grips when in place.
    The syringe plastic doesn't adhere to the sealant so any fine 'clockface' error could be compensated for later (but I didn't need that) the length of sealant allows for it to have enough resistance with the tube so as not to move by itself and of course permits use with the longer barreled LP1/10's.
    If anyone is interested I could make up another..

Last edited by Headshotmike!; 22-01-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: adding Dropbox link and V clamp price correction

combro arrived

all I did was take the front sight off the LP10 leave the shroud on, and fit the combro on top of the shroud,not underneath the air cylinder,no bits or anything else needed apart from an elastic band ,15 seconds and job done

all quite addictive,these and flat pack furniture are the cause of most divorces