Thread: C-MORE 3-30x56

C-MORE 3-30x56

Well I took the opportunity of getting a great deal on Black Friday in November to buy a new scope and went for the C-More 3-30×56 from Optics Warehouse (http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product...ot-riflescope/)

It arrived well packed and within a day of ordering, so after setting it atop my Remington 700, I just had to wait until saturday to zero it in.
    I had boresighted it at 50 metres, and this proved good judgement, within two shots at the range, it was bang on.

Thoughts. The scope is MilDot, but not true mildot, the spacings at 100 metres on full mag equal 1MOA, the turrets correspond and are 1/8 click, MOA type. The reticle is crisp and clear, glass etched First Focal plane, and very clear even at full mag.

The turrets are good and have crisp clicks and a useful locking wheel below making the dialing in secure.
    Its not a heavy scope, around 30 oz or 900gramms, it has a 30mm tube, so light transmission is okay.

Ive been using it on 27x as this is the clearest, and more than powerful enough, this should make a bit of difference at 600metres, previously I had been using an EB Sniper 20x scope with a dual X reticle, which performed and tracked very well.

Hopefully get some range time early in the new year where I can get to 25 metres with a tracking sheet to see how well it tracks out.
    Last edited by subdvr; 04-01-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling :(
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Please keep us posted with your findings with this scope, reviews of the brand are few and far between and I was looking at the 2-20x44 as a potential 'stop-gap' scope on CF.

I'm particularly interested in the turret performance and how accurate/repeatable it is...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

hi subvdr, any updates regarding this scope?

Quote Originally Posted by ftsefund View Post
    hi subvdr, any updates regarding this scope?
    Not yet sorry, got myself a Swiss K31 rifle recently, been playing with that every weekend.
    Will make an effort to get a tracking test done shortly.
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Updated.

Tracking on the C-More scope has now been completed, see image below, 5 shots taken with 10MOA adjustments between shots.

Distance 75m
    Rifle: .308 Rem 700
    Adjustments: 10 inch between small dots.
    Point of Aim: bottom right hand dot
    Shots, marked by numbers as taken.

I think its quite acceptable, in terms of the accuracy, the first four shots hit in relative similar places, the fifth a little off to the right and lower, but it was a cold winters day with some light wind, so could have been me and not the scope.

I feel confident this will be accurate enough to take out at distance.

http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...2/tracking.png

Hi Subdvr,

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Could you please tell me the shortest distance this scope will parallax down to.
    It would also be hugely helpful if you could post a picture of the actual reticle, as I can't see this scope in the flesh anywhere near to me.

Cheers

Triple G

Quote Originally Posted by Triple G View Post
    Hi Subdvr,

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Could you please tell me the shortest distance this scope will parallax down to.
    It would also be hugely helpful if you could post a picture of the actual reticle, as I can't see this scope in the flesh anywhere near to me.

Cheers

Triple G
    Not the best image, struggling with the iPhone, but you get the gist, its an etched half mildot, very fine centre.
    Parallax down to 10yds, side focus dial.

http://www.picparc.co.uk/wp-content/...016/02/ret.png

Thanks for the reticle picture, it looks fine enough for my needs.

I'm just off to place an order!

c more

Has any one else bought one of these scopes . I have the chance of a mint 2-20x44
    if its hit its history if its missed its mystery
    a gun is always loaded a mule always kicks

[QUOTE=pendle;6945498]Has any one else bought one of these scopes . I have the chance of a mint 2-20x44[/QUOTE
    now bought it . Just to need time now to zero it in ]
    if its hit its history if its missed its mystery
    a gun is always loaded a mule always kicks

I too bought one of these from Optic Warehouse a while ago. For the price it is a brilliant scope and sharp throughout its range. I am not sure if the 3x is of use to my shooting particularly with a scope that weights as much as this one but its nice to have the option. CA is on the par or slightly better than my Hawke Sidewinder 3x12x50 but given the 10X range and none ED glass it is quite remarkable. Controls are firm but smooth and the turrets are decent with positive clicks.

Regards,

A.G
    Last edited by lensman57; 15-04-2016 at 08:18 AM.