Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Results 2016 Spring Summer Series MPL Competition

It's nice to see some more rifle scores coming in along with the pistols scores !
    Last edited by zooma; 15-02-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Just added the scores from Glyn and he is on fire with his 30s

Sorry Andy I've only just put your Rested pistol score up or I deleted it at some time. Other scores also added and updated too.

Best cheers
    George

I see we have another "new entry" into the rifle charts today - straight in at number 5 we have Paul with his Diana Model 75 HV - well done and welcome to the series Hostile Horace

Target centre

I know this has been put up before but what is the official height of the 6yd target from the ground?
    atb Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I know this has been put up before but what is the official height of the 6yd target from the ground?
    atb Glyn
    I believe that the height is the same as for 10m which is 1400mm +/-50mm ( to centre of the target)
    Hammerli Master, FWB 65, Gamo Compact, Steyr LP10E

Updated, John has just posted a 270 using his Webley mk3 springer!

We will shoot our 6yd cards after this w/e as we are doing the Nationals and do not want to throw out poa out - any excuses will do!

Best cheers
    George
    Last edited by thirdwheel; 09-02-2016 at 02:16 PM.

We have 17 competitors in the air pistol competition and so far 11 have submitted their January scores.

We have 12 competitors in the air rifle competition and so far 9 have submitted their January scores.

We have 3 competitors in the supported air pistol competition and so far 1 has submitted his score but Elvis has submitted a genuine reason for being late with his.

Overall a good result so far as some of the competitors have only just joined the competition so theses figures are due to improve over the next few days.

Well done everyone - good luck and enjoy your shooting!
    Last edited by zooma; 15-02-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I see we have another "new entry" into the rifle charts today - straight in at number 5 we have Paul with his Diana Model 75 HV - well done and welcome to the series Hostile Horace
    As with the artist formally known as "Rickenbacker" we now have Bart49 ( previously known as Hostile Horace) - another "artist" and with a much nicer new name don't you think?
    Last edited by zooma; 15-02-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for the scores Craig especially interesting are your rested pistol scores.

Geo

Bobs on the move and using a real springer for the January round - not bad either.

Geo

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Thanks for the scores Craig especially interesting are your rested pistol scores.

Geo
    Yes George I obviously have more of a shakey hand than I first thought standard MPL pistol is good fun but when you have the added advantage of taking the shakes out of the equation you would think that rested pistol should be easy but to be honest it is probably just as hard as regular 6yard shooting
    Equally as good fun with the prospect of a higher score the excitement grows in you like a kid at Christmas
    And then as equally let down by the lack of decent prezzies you got ie scores lol
    But still good fun and keeps making me want to shoot so can't be bad

Cheers Craig

I see some good shooting from George with his "new to him" Pardini P10 - I will see if I can give him a run for his money with my Feinwerkbau 103 in the next round as it will be a good excuse to bring it out into the daylight and "exercise" it but after that I want to see what I can do with my Centre now that I have grafted a GAMO Compact grip onto it.

The new wooden grip looks good on the Centre but I am not too sure if the shooting will be as good because the "loose hold" the pistol seems to prefer may not work as well with the anatomical grip fitted.

I am also hoping to find a way to get my Webley Junior into this seasons MPL score sheet but it is very small for my hand size and the only way I can get a decent grip on it involves using my second finger as the trigger finger with the index finger laying along the side of the cylinder above it

This feels really weird but I will keep messing about with the idea and see if I can make it work - at least for one months series of targets

All scores updated - people are getting better!

Geo

More scores updated and it is obvious there is time being put in to improve - well done.

Geo