Thread: Heard of Crosman's so marked but

Heard of Crosman's so marked but

Pneumatic Guns c02 pistol

Hi Trevor, I replied to someone's post about these a few years ago ,might still be on here somewhere... Briefly, I have one of these and the die castings differ in detail from the standard Crosman revolver,although the construction is fundamentally the same . That's about all I know really,other than that they do seem to have been fairly well made.

Atb Mark

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Yeah, this one has come up a number of times. Not sure if we've seen just the one example multiple times or if there actually are a number out there. About all that has been confirmed is that Crosman sold the production dies for all of the Single Action models. Crosman Engineering went looking for this production equipment in the warehouse and found absolutely nothing left.

Would be nice to find some more info on these but nothing yet has come up. No ads, no nothin'

Interesting and puzzling(as the good dr might say;-) )

It is listed as a gun of the 1960's.It is a Crosman model 45 (1958-70). Not sure the big X would have sold off dies whilst still producing? maybe the vendors have the age of their sample wrong?

Mystery Six Shooter

Mine ,at any rate, is not out of the same dies .

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    It is listed as a gun of the 1960's.It is a Crosman model 45 (1958-70). Not sure the big X would have sold off dies whilst still producing? maybe the vendors have the age of their sample wrong?
    Well, it was my understanding that these were from the Crosman dies. That would place them sometime at least after first versions of these models were dropped in 1971. I'm making the assumption that these are from the first series dies (something that is certainly up in the air.) Second series lasted at least to '81.

My recollection is that when the first example was found some years ago that a close comparison between the Crosman (model 45?) and the London Pneumatic was made but I could certainly be wrong on that point.

Unless these are from a completely different set of dies (which seems a bit far fetched) then they would have to have been sometime post 1971.

Without any advertisements or something else like an article or product intro, how would any UK owners possibly know when they were in production?

A side by side comparison with my Crosmans and Hahn using Mk 1 eyeball indicated some obvious differences. These were confirmed by running a vernier caliper over it. I wasn't contradicting you, simply taking the trouble to inform you about my gun. Its quite possible there are variations in detail between the Pneumatic Guns products. It's not impossible that production by different companies on both sides of the pond was concurrent.

Mark