Thread: Crossman 1300 medalist mk2 repairs

Crossman 1300 medalist mk2 repairs

Hi All
    Is this is the right forum section

Recently acquired a Crossman 1300 MK2 Medallist overall in good order ,however it was not holding air , having sourced a seal set off the ‘Bay’ to replace all the obvious seals now I have taken it apart & I now have a question.
    I have stripped the gun apart & with regards the brass valve body- it would appear that there is a thin flat rubber washer seal which is ‘stuck’on the end & separates the valve base 760-073 from the internal sleeve 130-057
    Is this seal normal - can I fabricate it out of sheet rubber or silicon was it a previous repair do I need it / will an o ring suffice ?
    Your comments as always appreciated
    Regards
    james

Quote Originally Posted by JB101 View Post
    Hi All
    Is this is the right forum section
    Recently acquired a Crossman 1300 MK2 Medallist overall in good order ,however it was not holding air , having sourced a seal set off the ‘Bay’ to replace all the obvious seals now I have taken it apart & I now have a question.
    I have stripped the gun apart & with regards the brass valve body- it would appear that there is a thin flat rubber washer seal which is ‘stuck’on the end & separates the valve base 760-073 from the internal sleeve 130-057
    Is this seal normal - can I fabricate it out of sheet rubber or silicon was it a previous repair do I need it / will an o ring suffice ?
    Your comments as always appreciated
    Regards
    james

That's better, I can read it now, and yes you're in the right section.

I really need a link to the diagram and part numbers your looking at James in order to give answers.

All the best Mick

Can't help, but is this the diagram..

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24332/1300/

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    Can't help, but is this the diagram..

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24332/1300/

Unfortunately Chambers use their own part numbers Andy

The numbers James is referring to are Crosman part numbers, I did have the Crosman diagram to hand but it looks as though someone has sneaked in and tidied the man cave (as women do).

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

The numbers James is referring to are Crosman part numbers, I did have the Crosman diagram to hand but it looks as though someone has sneaked in and tidied the man cave (as women do).

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick
    Just emailed parts & diagram + pic of what I have
    Regards
    James

Hi Mick
    Just emailed parts & diagram + pic of what I have
    Regards
    James
    And received James

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/mi...tml?sort=3&o=0

None of my 1300s or 140s have a piece of rubber bonded to the rear of the exhaust valve body as shown in your photo, and it is not shown in the parts diagram.

This could be an attempt by a previous owner to hold the exhaust valve further onto the valve body for a better seal, or it could be a factory modification I've not come across before.

Either way I'd just assemble the gun with your new seal kit and see if works OK without the rubber pad.

All the best Mick

Hi Mick
    Thanks for the reply,I think a previous owner has been at the pistol before as the 'plate' (1300-008) is missing ,which I only noticed after looking at the pars list.
    I'll give it a whirl putting it back together with an o ring there instead of the flat seal - the Pringles in the pic I sent is the remains of the flat washer which seems to have been cut off most likely due to the bevel on the part 130-057.
    Will let you know how I get on
    Regards
    James

Hi Mick
    Thanks for the reply,I think a previous owner has been at the pistol before as the 'plate' (1300-008) is missing ,which I only noticed after looking at the pars list.
    I'll give it a whirl putting it back together with an o ring there instead of the flat seal - the Pringles in the pic I sent is the remains of the flat washer which seems to have been cut off most likely due to the bevel on the part 130-057.
    Will let you know how I get on
    Regards
    James

Hi James

Part 1300-008 is now obsolete but the equivalent part from a 1322/1377 can be cut down to fit if needed.

Be careful of what thickness of rubber you add to the rear of the exhaust valve or you could add too much and stop the sear from engaging.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick
    Ah, I've early 1322 I've yet to get around to repairing. So I haven't researched spares places, i figured (wrongly) it was chambers...so crosman supply all the parts. Hmmm.

Thanks

Update
    We'll I've put it back together ,but when pumped I hear air escaping ☹
    Not sure why it's coming out (of the transfer port)
    Will have to take apart & re assemble

Any suggestions welcome

Regards
    James

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Sounds like the quad seal has gone.
    The most painless way to get it repaired is sending it to Lawrie Amatruda. Mine came back shooting like a new gun.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Thanks for the info I may well contact him if I can't sort it .
    Regards
    James

Update
    We'll I've put it back together ,but when pumped I hear air escaping ☹
    Not sure why it's coming out (of the transfer port)
    Will have to take apart & re assemble

Any suggestions welcome

Regards
    James
    Hi James

Did you get a new exhaust valve part number 130---057 in the seal kit you bought ?

If not the main exhaust valve seal is inside this unit and is as John says is a rubber quad seal --- I normally replace these with a metric O ring.

If you have fitted a new exhaust valve assembly (130---057) then it may be dry and may not be going far enough onto the valve body to engage the sear.

You could try putting a drop of light oil inside 130---057 and pushing it gently onto the valve body just to make sure it slides on with little force.

All the best Mick

Hi Mick
    Thanks for the info I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    Regards
    James

Update No2
    Good evening ladies & gents
    Just to let you know how I've got on,I replaced the quad ring again with a metric O ring as suggested and replaced part No140-058 with another metric O ring & voila it all works 👍
    Just have to fine tune the pump and make a new set of grips (originals had cracked in one place

Many thanks for all your help 😀

Regards
    James