Thread: hy score

hy score

Decided not to try and strip pistol to put a new spring seems a bit complicated but made a rear sight adjuster ramp and drifted rear sight over to the left now shooting good enough for a bit of plinking

Hi,

Looks like you made a good job of replacing the rear sight elevation ramp.

Despite the lighter release thanks to its unique trigger mechanism, I haven't been able to get the same accuracy from the Hyscore as I do from my Webley pistols. Still, as you say they are perfectly OK for plinking and my own results at 10 metres are similar to your own.

Regards

Brian

My webleys more powerful but accuracy about the same

Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    My webleys more powerful but accuracy about the same
    Hi,

Not sure if you have access to a Chronograph, but as a guide, my Hyscore achieves 3.9 ft/lbs using RWS Hobby pellets (11.9 grns).

This is very similar to the power output from my .22 Webley Premier and Senior pistols.

Regards

Brian

No access to chronograph but webley flattens pellets better

Very easy to fit spring in Hy-Score.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Is it would like to do because I love the pistol small compact well made and different

Baz has taken one of mine to sort.
    If you are good he may send some photos and tips

Yes be nice to see

gingernut has a nice nickel plated Hy-Score. Just stripped it so took a couple of photos. Sorry I jumped ahead before I clicked ,so the photos show extra stripping. Anyway, the pistol splits in two easily by removing the barrel hinge bolt and unhooking the cocking lever which sticks up from the grip frame. The key to stripping the chamber is the large circlip which is hidden in the knurled cap but very easy to remove by lifting one end with a thin tool. The knurled cap can then unscrew together with the cam and circular spring inside (both these assemble very easily). There is now a cap to unscrew from the chamber which holds the piston and spring in place. I use an adjustable tool used for removing watch backs which has lugs that fit in the two holes of the back cap. I put a slight pressure pushing the end of the barrel down on a piece of wood as I unscrew the cap but the piston only emerges a short distance as it is held by the sear lever. Be careful not to trip the sear lever until you are ready as the piston and spring will fly out with some force. When you are ready you can point the back of the chamber at a cushion or something soft and trip the lever.You can do this, or clamp it with a sash clamp and slowly let off the spring pressure. The piston and spring will now be out and you can change seals and spring and reverse the procedure. It may sound complicated but compared with a lot of other pistols it is easy. Let me know if you need more pics. There is a large difference in the diameter of the barrel and the hole it runs through in the piston, and this is a weak point of the design where pressure is lost. I am making a polyurethane seal for inside the piston to run on the barrel.
    (dont forget to put circlip on body of pistol before putting knurled endcap on ! )
    Baz

Bore in piston with end of barrel sticking out out of chamber, this is where the discrepancy in size occurs.

Last edited by Benelli B76; 13-01-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Tip
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for taking the time to show will have a go would like it to shoot with some power