Having had some surprisingly good experiences with Chinese Airguns over the last 12 months (Remington Express, XS 78 and a CP1-m) I thought it was time to try a PCP.

I spent time reading up on the net everything I could find out about the Snowpeak P10 bullpup PCP. Now that SMK are bringing them in I decided to take the plunge, so about 10 days ago I did a deal at my local and bought one. I couldn't try it straightaway as I had to sort out a means of filling it with air (many years since I had a PCP) But that's done now so......

Found time to test it seriously yesterday and today. I had to clean the gunge out of the barrel which is de
rigeur with Chinese air rifles- still, better that than rust after its long sea journey!

The trigger is easy to adjust once the action is out of the stock and can be made really good. Initially cocking was stiff, but a little grease and several goes later it is getting better all the time as it runs in.

Power with 16gr JSB.s is around 11.6 ft.lbs, VERY consistent, 570 fps pellet after pellet, got bored after 10! So yes, it is regulated which other forums have suggested.

Happily shooting one hole groups at 20 yds. I'll take it up to the club next week and try it at long range.

So far so good, very impressed for the money (£460 I paid locally)

This is very much an early review but no regrets so far- in the flesh it looks astoundingly good and obviously well made (I have stripped it to see what makes it tick)

Anyone else got one?