Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMK P10 bullpup PCP

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

SMK P10 bullpup PCP

Having had some surprisingly good experiences with Chinese Airguns over the last 12 months (Remington Express, XS 78 and a CP1-m) I thought it was time to try a PCP.

I spent time reading up on the net everything I could find out about the Snowpeak P10 bullpup PCP. Now that SMK are bringing them in I decided to take the plunge, so about 10 days ago I did a deal at my local and bought one. I couldn't try it straightaway as I had to sort out a means of filling it with air (many years since I had a PCP) But that's done now so......

Found time to test it seriously yesterday and today. I had to clean the gunge out of the barrel which is de
    rigeur with Chinese air rifles- still, better that than rust after its long sea journey!

The trigger is easy to adjust once the action is out of the stock and can be made really good. Initially cocking was stiff, but a little grease and several goes later it is getting better all the time as it runs in.

Power with 16gr JSB.s is around 11.6 ft.lbs, VERY consistent, 570 fps pellet after pellet, got bored after 10! So yes, it is regulated which other forums have suggested.

Happily shooting one hole groups at 20 yds. I'll take it up to the club next week and try it at long range.

So far so good, very impressed for the money (£460 I paid locally)

This is very much an early review but no regrets so far- in the flesh it looks astoundingly good and obviously well made (I have stripped it to see what makes it tick)

Anyone else got one?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

evenbad Guest
    Nice review and there is a lot of owners on the bullpup forum who have bought one. They seem a good price for a bullpup and have good reviews on accuracy shot count and balance seems to be spot on for such a small air rifle.
    Thanks for posting and keep us informed on how it performs.

Bet these are making the usual suspects rather nervous.....engineering now on a parr with the others but great prices.Red dragons here .

Thumbs up

I think the one to watch out for will be the P15 (if it gets that name)

If pics are to be believed it will have a side cocking lever like the Air Arms style.

Cracking little gun the P10. Regulated, titanium air cylinder, weaver rail (which I love)

I spent a fair while cleaning my barrel, and believe me they need a good clean! A quick wipe through with some thinners on a rag won't cut the mustard (or the cut the preservative should I say)

I ran some thinners soaked patches through, then some dry patches and it came clean quickly.
    Looked up the barrel and could see bits and pieces where only parts of the gunk had come up.

I had to use a brush in the end, scrub it, patches soaked in thinners. Repeated this over and over until clean.

I don't particularly like the cocking lever/bolt being right at the back. It works Ok, but that type of bolt lends itself more to a gun that has stock to brace against with your forearm while cocking. On a Bullpup it doesn't feel right.

I also hated the stock finish and the fat trigger guard, soon sorted that..

Last edited by jameswrx; 14-01-2016 at 11:32 PM.

evenbad Guest
    You sir are perfectionist, got to say looks really nice welldone

jameswrx,

Love what you've done to the stock!

The rifle does need a bit of a tactical look in my opinion. I'm considering stippling the grip and fore-end and finding someone who can do an olive green dip on it. Firstly I'm fitting some flush fitting sling swivels to the sides of the stock so I can use a 3 point sling or similar.

For the outlay I'm happy to do a bit of modding (to the stock) as overall for what you get it's a bargain.

Tony, which fittings are you looking at for the sling? I'm on Ant-supplies trying to choose some for my TDR tonight.

Thanks guys.

Tony, regarding the stippling.. The grey stuff in my pics above is a texture paint, could be an option. It's almost like small sand particles suspended in the paint. Mask it off and spray until you're happy with the amount of grip then cover over with your olive paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Thanks guys.

Tony, regarding the stippling.. The grey stuff in my pics above is a texture paint, could be an option. It's almost like small sand particles suspended in the paint. Mask it off and spray until you're happy with the amount of grip then cover over with your olive paint.
    OK, that sounds good- where is this available?

QUOTE=

'Tony, which fittings are you looking at for the sling? I'm on Ant-supplies trying to choose some for my TDR tonight.'

I'm probably too late now, but these where what I ordered, http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/Flus...ngSwivels.aspx. I've fitted one on the top of the stock between the action and butt-pad. After some thought and seeing what is available I've got one of these coming-191685523883 from the bay of Evil.

Having done tests the rifle will hang vertically when slung (ie upright across my waist) and be available for fast shouldering if a shot is on offer. Also it can be turned so it is muzzle down. I'm starting to love the possibilities offered by weaver rails and available accessories!

Yes, I'm going for the flush swivels, they sound very secure.

May I ask what paint you used on the stock, for the grips and finish, was it lacquered? It does look great, well done. I understand the 177 version will be available in mid march.

bugbuster

Hi can you tell me if scope rail is dovetail or piccany as states both on website
    cheers
    phil
    Last edited by philc; 22-01-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: delete daft question

Quote Originally Posted by philc View Post
    Hi can you tell me if scope rail is dovetail or piccany as states both on website
    cheers
    phil
    It's a piccatinny, which I'm now starting to love as it gives so many options. I'm gradually fitting piccatinny/weaver adaptors (from 11mm) to all my rifles

rail

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    It's a piccatinny, which I'm now starting to love as it gives so many options. I'm gradually fitting piccatinny/weaver adaptors (from 11mm) to all my rifles
    cheers
    will have to order different mounts before rifle arrives not that I mind I like the piccatinny mounts just trying to source a single shot pellet tray now as looks bit fiddly

phil

I've got an idea for a home made single shot tray. Should be easy to make with handtools. Watch this space!