Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMK P10 bullpup PCP

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Another couple of tips-

To reduce the cocking force don't be scared to wind out the hammer spring preload plug by a couple of turns.

It makes NO difference to muzzle velocity according to my chrono, 570fps shot after shot, but it does lighten the cocking pull.

Also, when loading the magazine turn it by one pellet 'bay' before loading, so load one less pellet. I have found that if you fill it , when you try to load the last shot the bolt will not go all the way forwards. So you remove the magazine only to find (by accident) that there is a pellet loaded this has happened to me several times. I fully expect I'm doing something wrong but to be safe I load one less pellet and the problem goes away.

Have fun!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

tips

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Another couple of tips-

To reduce the cocking force don't be scared to wind out the hammer spring preload plug by a couple of turns.

It makes NO difference to muzzle velocity according to my chrono, 570fps shot after shot, but it does lighten the cocking pull.

Also, when loading the magazine turn it by one pellet 'bay' before loading, so load one less pellet. I have found that if you fill it , when you try to load the last shot the bolt will not go all the way forwards. So you remove the magazine only to find (by accident) that there is a pellet loaded this has happened to me several times. I fully expect I'm doing something wrong but to be safe I load one less pellet and the problem goes away.

Have fun!
    Good tips still hav'nt got mine yet problem with TNT seemingly ? its off to hydrographics for a dip and adjustable butpad soon as I get it

Hi there , have you tried this out passed 20yards? I would be interested to know what there like at 40-50 yards...

Wow that looks amazing
    I'm hopeing to start a hydro dipping business in a few months after I'm made redundant, I'm new to air rifles and looking for a PCP myself and what you have done to you gun has given me food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Eric s View Post
    Hi there , have you tried this out passed 20yards? I would be interested to know what there like at 40-50 yards...
    It produces a 1'' group at 50 yds with ease. I'm currently using JSB 16 grainers. When the weather warms up I'll try to spend time doing some serious pellet testing.

hi mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    OK, that sounds good- where is this available?

QUOTE=

'Tony, which fittings are you looking at for the sling? I'm on Ant-supplies trying to choose some for my TDR tonight.'

I'm probably too late now, but these where what I ordered, http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/Flus...ngSwivels.aspx. I've fitted one on the top of the stock between the action and butt-pad. After some thought and seeing what is available I've got one of these coming-191685523883 from the bay of Evil.

Having done tests the rifle will hang vertically when slung (ie upright across my waist) and be available for fast shouldering if a shot is on offer. Also it can be turned so it is muzzle down. I'm starting to love the possibilities offered by weaver rails and available accessories!
    have you got pics of the sling mounted,,,,,it will help me decide on mounting options to use on my gun,,,cheers
    Last edited by j rayner; 14-03-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    have you got pics of the sling mounted,,,,,it will help me decide on mounting options to use on my gun,,,cheers

I haven't got any photos sorry.

In a nutshell though, if you want to use an across the chest arrangement (for hands free use) then the sling mounts have to be as high as possible, the classic under the stock mounts will not work. Just bear in mind if you do this the rifle must not be cocked or loaded so may not suit your usage.