Thread: Gamo Falcon/Centre/Target?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gamo Falcon/Centre/Target?

Just bought a Falcon, interesting older pistol.

There is no trigger adjustment, can anyone advise how effective the adjustment is on the Gamo Target Pistol? I might take a look inside the Falcon to see if there is scope for improvent (suspect not - seems to be a basic set up).

Looking at the parts diagram on Chambers and Bobsairguns site, seems that most parts are common to all three models.

The Centre has an adjustable rake on the (more comfortable) grip, plus click adjustable elevation screw; the trigger appears to be the same as the Falcon (non adjustable).

The Target has a plastic match grip with adjustable palm shelf, different (improved?) rear sights, and some form of trigger adjustment (assume lighter trigger?).

Thank You.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 14-01-2016 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Question highlighted.

The trigger on the falcon IS adjustable. But be VERY careful.. i tried to lighten mine the other week and it makes the pistol very dangerous... be sure to safely bump test it aft each adjustment. I found very minor adjustments was the way to go.. i adjusted it down to where i liked it which proved the most dangerous lol... then tweaked it up and up until the thing stopped firing when i bashed it with my fist.
    Its now pretty much back where it was and not the nice light predictible let off that i would like.
    So i guesd it means practice practice practice with this one.
    Donald

Thanks for the warning. I thought the huge screw near the trigger might be something to do with the assembly of the pistol! It is simply listed as a 'screw' on the parts list, so not giving much away.

BTW did they originally come with a leather piston seal fitted (requiring periodic oiling)? I read this about the Centre pistol on an old thread on here. The parts list shows a replacement seal, but it does not look like it is leather.

Being gamo its the ubiquitous 25mm one. you can fit a TX seal or go for the red seal from customairseals australia.. they post quickly and the seals are top quality.
    Ill bet you the hole in a donut that when you take the seal out, its a sort of hard orangey brown see through effort.. real bad stuff...
    Donald

Thanks again, this gives me an insight of what to expect when I look inside, and the availability of alternative parts when required

A good tip when you get a new gun is to go to chambers and look up the drawing.. get the part number for the seal and then search that part number. It will return every gun that uses that seal.. you might have had one of the ither ones and are familiar with its insides... then you at least know what the piston and sear arrangement looks like and what seals may be available for it
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Just bought a Falcon, interesting older pistol.
    Nice find. The 'thinking man's' spring piston pistol.

Unless it's .22