Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Falcon/Centre/Target?

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    ...You two must have weird hands, as my grips are so good.....
    The grip on the Gamo Target and Gamo Centre are very different to the grip on the Gamo Falcon. Nevertheless the Falcon is a great pistol and the grip is manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    The grip on the Gamo Target and Gamo Centre are very different to the grip on the Gamo Falcon. Nevertheless the Falcon is a great pistol and the grip is manageable.

I will let you two off then! Sorry I misunderstood, and thought the Centre was a similar grip without the palm rest.
    Think I dropped on with mine with it being the nice moulded target grip version.
    BASC

All of the GAMO underlever pistols make good MPL pistols and are well worth a go in the 6 yard MPL postal series where you will find they are as good as anything!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I only tried hobbys as its the only 177 pairgun and only 177 pellets i have.
    Let me know if you test a couple of pellets.. ive heard that flat headed geko are quite good
    As mentioned, Hobby fit perfectly in the loading hatch. I have just tried Geco in the loading port (not yet fired), it also fits perfectly.

BUT, there is a difference. The Hobby fits flush from the rear, but will not fit flush from the front; this suggests there may be a slight taper on the loading port.

The Geco fits flush from the rear and from the front; this suggests the skirt is slightly smaller (expected).

If you read the thread below, you will see that some folk have had problems such that pellets fall straight through the loading port. So either the pellets were smaller than Geco (doubt that), or that the loading port had been worn with use (more likely). Therefore to prolong the life of the loading port, Geco might be more prudent. The performance of Geco in the Gamo seems to have been established previously, but I'll let you know if I have any problems.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=gamo+falcon

I have a very faint recollection of folks having alloy or steel loading ports made... i think it was fir the hw57... dont see why it couldnt be donevfir any arrangement like this
    Donald

Adjustment of the trigger brought it home that although the Gamo does not have anti-bear trap device (like the Diana/Original 6, IZH 53M etc...), it can be de-cocked

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    All of the GAMO underlever pistols make good MPL pistols and are well worth a go in the 6 yard MPL postal series where you will find they are as good as anything!
    Maybe after lots of practice

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Maybe after lots of practice
    You could use any of your many muscular powered pistols, my friend.

If you have a go at the MPL comp, I'll have a friendly game with you?

Although I'll make the pre-excuse that my eyesight has become terrible, and I have half a dozen pairs of specs' NONE of which will focus on the front sight.

And I'm a weak wobbly mess, post xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    ..... Although I'll make the pre-excuse that my eyesight has become terrible, and I have half a dozen pairs of specs' NONE of which will focus on the front sight. And I'm a weak wobbly mess, post xmas!
    Join the club

Ill need to have a go at this MPL..... you have a link?
    Donald

Here you go Donald: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....al-Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    ....If you have a go at the MPL comp, I'll have a friendly game with you? ....
    I think I shall take up the offer this year. I'll be in contact with Zooma re. payment etc...

It will be good to see your two join the MPL series - hopefully with your GAMO under levers - although many of the MPL shooters are Classic air pistol collectors and tend to alternate from time to time and take advantage of the MPL to "exercise" more than one of their "prisoners".

Gamo centre target pistol

I have put my centre on the for sale thread with pictures if interested,
    thanks,
    martintheveg.

Hi Donald,

The link provided by Rooti McNote - "the artist formerly known as Rickenbacker" (and other things ) should give you all the information you need to know about the rules and how to enter the MPL and it will be good to have you join us with your GAMO underlever or any other MPL legal springer or SSP rifle or pistol you would like to give some exercise to now and again!

You don't need to use the same MPL pistol ( or rifle) every month as you are free to use any springer or SSP that takes your fancy

If you need any more information or have any questions about the MPL please contact me by PM or email and I will try to answer them for you.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-01-2016 at 02:22 PM.