Thread: Using a bullpup for HFT ?

Using a bullpup for HFT ?

Does anybody use a bullpup for HFT?
    What are your thoughts on them?
    At the moment, I'm only at a local range hitting knockdowns and paper.
    I'm going to look at a wildcat today, but at some point in the future would like to get into hft too - hence the question.
    Thanks in advance. GH1.

my thoughts are aslong as you can get the scope centre within 2" of the centre of barrel ,If you can't you will get caught out on sub 20yd targets. judgement on 17yds to 13yds with 15mm kills will be critical.
    if fitting a scope without a rail would be a problem you might still be able to fit a mtc connect that's if you can get on with one .
    also another thing is the pistol grips are usually pretty deep on most bullpups which can get uncomfortable in hft ,you might feel the need to either drop the buttpad lower or trim down the pistol grip as much as possible. dropping the buttpad will jack the gun up making it easier for up the peg shots but too much can get you caught out if shooting under obstacles . very rare but does happen.
    good luck with it ,let us know how you get on .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    my thoughts are aslong as you can get the scope centre within 2" of the centre of barrel ,If you can't you will get caught out on sub 20yd targets. judgement on 17yds to 13yds with 15mm kills will be critical.
    if fitting a scope without a rail would be a problem you might still be able to fit a mtc connect that's if you can get on with one .
    also another thing is the pistol grips are usually pretty deep on most bullpups which can get uncomfortable in hft ,you might feel the need to either drop the buttpad lower or trim down the pistol grip as much as possible. dropping the buttpad will jack the gun up making it easier for up the peg shots but too much can get you caught out if shooting under obstacles . very rare but does happen.
    good luck with it ,let us know how you get on .

Hi there
    I was over Rochford, essex a few weeks back and there was loads of bullpups over there doing well.