Thread: Makarov Gen 6?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Makarov Gen 6?

Just an FYI really. I picked up a Baikal Mak from SGC this week. Its a T15 serial number, but has the double stack mag rather than the recent Gen 5's with their single stack, slimmer grip. The slide is blued and the frame has a Parkerised type finish and the grip is black.

Its a nice pistol, as all of these are, but it would appear the factory has run out the slimmer frames.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Just an FYI really. I picked up a Baikal Mak from SGC this week. Its a T15 serial number, but has the double stack mag rather than the recent Gen 5's with their single stack, slimmer grip. The slide is blued and the frame has a Parkerised type finish and the grip is black.

Its a nice pistol, as all of these are, but it would appear the factory has run out the slimmer frames.
    Yes. I noticed the other day that Versandhaus have stopped listing the single stack version. Just as I was seriously thinking that it had to be my next gun.

Gen 5 info

Hi guys,

just joined forum and I know this thre4ad was a while ago, but FYI, there were only 2000 Gen 5's produced as Baikal were using up some old early frames. They are collectable due to their rarity factor, but as they were "Receipted" items and designed using old and new parts, many issues. Russianmilitary are an authority on The Baikal Makarov, and also de-acs etc, and they had a substantial qty of the 2000 and found on average EVERY batch had to be QA checked leading to about 5 from 20 good and servicable yet 15 were failing in one way or another.
    The Clip in Gen 5's aren't true to the original yet Gen 4 will take a standard 9mm 10 shot with ease and no modification.

Lovely all steel guns. I've had three and used to look at them a lot.

Sh1t to shoot though. Basically ornaments that you will probably grow tired of. Then buy another and grow tired of that too.

When I lived abroad I owned the real firearm.

Now that was something else.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Picked up 2 myself and seem to be the same versions, double stack and t15 blued and t16 nickel, love them lol

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post