Thread: Bit of info required please

Bit of info required please

Hi,

Can some one please tell the difference between Baikal MP46 and IZH 46M .

Thank you in advance.

A.G

They're the same pistol as far as I know Ali.....I have the IZH 46M.....superb pistol for the money!
    I think the M maybe has a few fps more.
    Eric.

The 46M is a bit longer, and makes slightly higher velocities. Otherwise they are, AFAIK, exactly the same.

If you find the 46M a bit too front-heavy, the earlier shorter 46 may suit you better.

correction

Correction!

I was sure the M is actually longer, but it isn't. It has a longer cylinder and longer pump stroke, making it more powerful and more front heavy. But it's the same overall length.

Indeed

I was able to slide the front sight back an inch on my 46.

Not something you can do with a 46M.

However, I wouldn't mind the extra FPS.

IZH or MP = no difference as far as I know.

Fairly recently, Baikal just seemed to change the prefix to 'MP'.

Instead of “Izhevsky Mekhanichesky Zavod”.

Just a corporate / branding thing, again, AFAIK.

Thank you all for your replies and input. The reason I asked the question was that I found two different suppliers for these pistols and there seems to be a large price difference between them. If they are basically the same then I might as well go for the cheaper MP one. For 10 meter target practice 3 ft.lbs of energy is more than enough.

Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    They're the same pistol as far as I know Ali.....I have the IZH 46M.....superb pistol for the money!
    I think the M maybe has a few fps more.
    Eric.
    Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. First I must say that I really like the Black Star that you sold me, you have looked after it very well. It is a hell of a pistol. I still have to get used to shooting off hand but rested and @ 10 meters I managed 3/4" grouping on full power. The recoil is not bad but I need to get the hold consistent. I was thinking of either the IZH 46M or a Rohm twin master until I came across the 46 MP.. A bit more research is needed I guess.

ATB,

Ali

The MP 46M version is the current model the other is older.
    Mine shoots about 460fps
    It's a very refined shooter compared to the 'Black Star' and one of the best values on the market.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. First I must say that I really like the Black Star that you sold me, you have looked after it very well. It is a hell of a pistol. I still have to get used to shooting off hand but rested and @ 10 meters I managed 3/4" grouping on full power. The recoil is not bad but I need to get the hold consistent. I was thinking of either the IZH 46M or a Rohm twin master until I came across the 46 MP.. A bit more research is needed I guess.

ATB,

Ali
    I'm glad you're happy with the Black Star Ali....new fishing gear now safely hidden in the garage.
    My Izzy also shoots at about 460 fps....I had one a few years ago and foolishly sold it to try another pistol so I'm glad to have found another one.
    The only pistol I would like more is one of the Feinwerkbau 100 range but you've more chance of stepping in a pile of rocking horse poo than finding one and if you did get lucky you would then need to take out a mortgage!!

Cheers....Eric.