Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What chronographs are people using.

What chronographs are people using.

Just wondered what people are using these days as getting back into shooting. I used to have a combro and a skan. But from looking both of these are not supplying anymore.

So what do people find good these days ?

Cheers
    Mark

Always used the combro and have found the results very close to the club chrono

Had a cheap chinese one from that big old auction site, the very simple light beam version, only measured in MPS, and the instructions were in incomprehensible chinglish but it was consistent.... measure stuff at home, do the maths, and it was a consistent 25fps below a very expensive club chrono

Replaced it with an FX radar chrono, which has a couple of flaws, won't work at home in my back garden with its high sides and short range, obviously confusing the radar, and without quality batteries it will lose power very quickly
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

LMBR R2A Chronos are excellent.
    Over the years I have had a couple of Skans, a Target Tronics and the Combro's. The LMBR is the best yet.
    I also use an FX chrono out in the field, which I have calibrated against the LMBR (as I have found the FX chronos tend to read high when not calibrated).

Air chrony mk3...fantastic bit of kit, 👍 had a skan but a bit cumbersome for my needs.

Used to be combro. Now an FX. Will look at a better doppler Iradar as I need sub 12 to fast moving powder burner.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    LMBR for me too. It does everything easily.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I have an LMBR and a combro.Really like the LMBR as it works well.

I use a Skan but if it failed tomorrow I would probably get a LMBR. I didn’t realise that Skan were no longer available, their web site is still up.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Thumbs up Lmbr.

My vote is for the LMBR (any version ) it works just fine for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Winceby View Post
    I use a Skan but if it failed tomorrow I would probably get a LMBR. I didn’t realise that Skan were no longer available, their web site is still up.
    If you go on there site it says about not currently running due to ill health ??

Had a few over the years. Combro, Chrony F1, cheap Chinese and LMBR R2A. The LMBR is the best by far.

I have a Caldwell chronograph which I like as I can link it to my phone and save shot strings.
    For the workshop I have a cheap Chinese one because it will work under florescent lighting and is cheaper than lighting the Caldwell.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Chrono choice

After shooting my Combro when it decided to move on the end of the barrel I bought an LMBR which
    is great.

When I only had one rifle a Combro was fine.

Last 10 years or more I've had a Pro-Chrono digital V frame which I use on both air & powder, can record 9 strings of 99 shots ea,
    I prefer V frames as you can see to zero at the same time as doing velocity or even put them down range for terminal velocity,

Unfortunately the PC interface doesn't seem to like Win 10 & 11, so I can't do direct downloads any more.